WTB: ESP KH-20

Updated
WTB: ESP KH-20

Hey guys,

I'm back on the market looking to buy an ESP KH-20. I know it will be tough to find but figured this would be a good place to start. If anyone on here is looking to sell, please let me know! Thanks.

Pushead

Nate, reading your posts gives me a headache.  Any chance we could get you to use more punctuation?

ESP 348

i realize there is little point to keeping the trinity of hammett guitars new  like i dont want to sell them and even if i did i keep them in great shape and they get cared for great i clean then b4 and after as i do w ith all my guitars so im thinking i would still get around 10K per guitar and they would still be like new i might choose 1 to play i had the kh20 since 2008 late  and the ouijas in 09 and a round that time never used them save for the time they came and i made sure they worked i never even took out the trem or the papers or tuned the guitar with the case, i dont know maybe id use a ouija as its not as rare as the kh20 im torn, it was much more simple when i had 1 kh-2 and 1 kh-3 and 1 kh-1 and  i would just display them with not a care in the world now that guitars got so ecpensive it changed everything im frantic and torn i wonder what kirks kh-20 looks like it would be ironic if in 2018 or 2023 they made a kh-20 vintage to what his kh-20 looks like lol im torn.

Just play the guitars Nate and forget about the value of them.

I am slowly but surely taking out my guitar collection from under the bed to oil them up and play them before I take some good pics and document serial numbers etc, before I put them away for another 5 years lol.

I played my white Ouija yesterday and also let the same friend play it. He absolutely loved it and wanted to take it home with him. He wouldn't stop playing it and wouldn't hand it over to let me have a play.

It's a wonderful guitar and I am all for playing them, just as long as you are careful with them and clean them up again when you are done playing them.

The value doesn't change if you play them or not IMO. As long as they are still in 100% mint condition, then the value is still the same when you go to sell them.

I can only imagine how amazing all of Kirk's guitars will look in another 30 years time. The KH20, Ouija's and Vintage will all stand the test of time I reckon.

ESP 348

Nate,

That guitar sounds absolutely amazing man!

My brain fried reading all of that, sounds like it's really going to be something special man.

I hope you're still posting on the forum next year when this beauty arrives. I would love to see pics of it.

We would all love to see pics of it I am sure.

Cheers

NRudy

I hope so I always clean them very well any gtr I play is in new condition. I use Dunlop n Prs spray every month with a microfiber cloth usually no spray but I use Dunlop blue bottle with 65 on it string cleaner b4 n after. I get 200 hours b4 I need to restring using Ernie ball cobalts or dadarrio nyxl. I take care of them n as for the wood every now n then I treat it very well very meticulous and with top end guitars I go to a pro guitar tech who's been doing setups 60 years 

ESP 348
NRudy wrote:

I hope so I always clean them very well any gtr I play is in new condition. I use Dunlop n Prs spray every month with a microfiber cloth usually no spray but I use Dunlop blue bottle with 65 on it string cleaner b4 n after. I get 200 hours b4 I need to restring using Ernie ball cobalts or dadarrio nyxl. I take care of them n as for the wood every now n then I treat it very well very meticulous and with top end guitars I go to a pro guitar tech who's been doing setups 60 years 

Very good man. I just bought some Music Nomad One guitar polish the other day to try. First time I have bought a polish/cleaner in years as I haven't played my guitars in many years now. Lol

I also use Dunlop 65 lemon oil to oil my fretboards and have a new bottle here now to oil them all up as soon as possible.

200hrs?? I haven't played my guitars total 200hrs in 20 years of playing guitar. Hehe

All my guitars are mint also and I wish I had a pro guitar tech near where I lived so he could also look after my guitars.

Thanks for sharing mate, much appreciated.

ESP 348
NRudy wrote:

does anyone know the weight of the kh-20 i guess everyone;s might be different i dont have a scale to weigh mine i can only guess its around 8.8 lbs based on knowing the weight of 40 of my guitars from dealers i just realized its a silly question maybe but ill post it anyways...plus why do some ppl want heavy guitars ? if u get the correct wood and materials u can have a 6lb guitar with fantastic sustain and tones just curious ?

I weighed my KH20 yesterday Nate.

It weighed in at 3.8 kg or 8.4 lbs in the old money.

I am not 100% sure how accurate my scales are, but when I finish cleaning and oiling up my collection, I will double check the weight of them all and document their weights accordingly.

I will let you know the weight of it again when I weigh it the second time around, just to be sure.

My white Ouija actually felt heavier yesterday when I handled them both. I never weighed the Ouija, but I definitely will when I get it back out again.

I will keep you guys posted when the time comes.

ESP 348

You have all 3

kh-20

kh-2obb

kh-2obw 

??? I thought I was the only 1 that had all 3

I have the KH-20, white Ouija and an original black Ouija also.

I was going to buy the black re-issue Ouija, but I thought I already had the black one so I didn't bother looking for one.

If I do get the re-issue black Ouija, I will probably sell my original one as I don't see the point of owning both of them.

But...........one is an original from the 90's, so I may just keep both. I don't know. lol

ESP 348

Great to hear Nate, be sure to post pics when it arrives.

NRudy

My phone is acting up I'm trying to post every room in my house with almost 70 high end guitars. Will do on computer later.

ESP 348

Your Wife wants to kill you?? Lol, welcome to the club man!

This is an old pic, add another 4 more to that. I will get more pics of my collection all together as soon as I can and will post up pics.

I had plenty of pics on the old forum before it crashed, but they have disappeared. But all good, will get new pics up when I can.

ESP 348

All ESP gtrs ? Nice. Do u have the kh20 kh20bw kh2obb ?

and this is for everyone can we rank ESP Kirk Hammett guitars from ESP only to kh-20 and would we include a Gibson Kirk Hammett gtr ? Or do we start with the only ltd Hammett gtrs I have well I only have the white zombie from ltd I don't think my wife will allow me to get nosferatu because of the rat inlays .... 

I have all the ESP Kirk Hammett guitars. That is all I ever wanted to own.

The list I have is-

KH1, KH2, KH3, KH4, KH-2 CS, KH-DC, KH-20, KH-SE, KH Vintage, KH 'Zorlac', White Ouija, Black Ouija.

I have no interest in the KH LTD guitars, or the KH Gibson guitar. Anything made from ESP in regards to Kirk Hammett I am happy to own.

ESP 348

You are going to win this Nate, I don't think anyone else on the forum owns as many guitars as you do.

Can you please make your pictures XL, they are a lot nicer to look at in that size.

NRudy

i have no idea what I'm doing lol I'm getting scary looks from my wife cuz 

4 more esps are coming by the 23rd 

kh-2 vintage I have the relic not the non relic 

James ESP vulture blks

james white iron cross Snow White 

esp USA MII pearl white that's in 41 days

ESP 348
NRudy wrote:

i have no idea what I'm doing lol I'm getting scary looks from my wife cuz 

4 more esps are coming by the 23rd 

kh-2 vintage I have the relic not the non relic 

James ESP vulture blks

james white iron cross Snow White 

esp USA MII pearl white that's in 41 days

Lol, you obviously have a very understanding Wife Nate.

Post pics of the new guitars man, looking forward to seeing them.
ESP 348

Too easy buddy, take care and enjoy.

ESP 348

Yeah, don't hurt yourself carrying around 70 guitars man.

NRudy

NRudy

NRudy

NRudy

NRudy

NRudy

Kh-20 more photos 

Breadfan32

Nate if your wife gets too mad at you when the ESP Vulture arrives you can send it to me

NRudy

She actually likes it I'm shocked I got no blowback when getting any of my hetfields her fav ESP besides the ouijas n kh-20 is the truckster black camo she likes the art of distressed n the satin finish 

she gets mad when I buy a new kh-2 since I have 2 NTB 4 bolt ons all ESP I want to airbrush 1 of them all white neck and electronics too all cocaine white! If anyone knows a guy please let me know. 

ESP 348

Lol, I can understand why your Wife wants to kill you.

Thanks for the pics mate.

ESP 348

Too easy champ, rest up.

Post to Thread