WTB: ESP KH-20

Updated
WTB: ESP KH-20

Hey guys,

I'm back on the market looking to buy an ESP KH-20. I know it will be tough to find but figured this would be a good place to start. If anyone on here is looking to sell, please let me know! Thanks.

NRudy

thats what the distressed esp's are for...

1-the truckster james hetfield esp

2- kh-2 vintage esp

3- the gibson flying V KH 1979 distressed limited edition,

4- esp kh-dc black cherry and stblk ... put the pick guard on.. lol

or i play very hard on 1 od my esp kh-2's and its still in excellent condition cuz i take care of it put i pound on it like kirk i tape my hand and everything shows on black

but when u have a flame or quilted maple top on a very limited guitar thats very expensive i.e. prs custom private stock or any of the rare hammett guitars u really want to not scratch it up....even kirk uses the ltd when he throws it around and smashed them 25 years ago on stage... lol

look at this top i have one with the same triple X quilt top from PRS these guitars are 34k msrp this is art also so u really dont want to kill em... i have a few tops as good as this or dif as per my avitar photo and some on order with PRS...

frantic77

what a collection!

ESP 348

Amazing collection man!! 60+ guitars!! Wow!

Thanks for sharing, I can understand now why you don't play them all! Lol

I LOVE the look of PRS guitars, although I would never buy one. The KH DC comes close to being a PRS in my eyes.

I love my KH collection and hopefully will never part with any of them.

I am looking forward to seeing more pics of your collection man, thanks again.

ESP 348

Thanks again man, I didn't know about the PRS issue in regards to the materials being used.

Don't worry about taking any more pics then if it's too hard man, it' all good.

A friend blew $18K on a gorgeous 'ocean blue' coloured maple top PRS guitar a few years ago. Has gold hardware and is limited edition.

It looks and sounds amazing, he plays the absolute shit out of it too. He took 6 months long service leave from work and knew he was going to be bored so he spoiled himself with a new guitar. His Wife wanted and still wants to kill him for spending that much money on a guitar. Lol.

ESP 348

Cheers Big Daddy!

Sephiroth

I would assume #1 would only be worth more to someone who felt an earlier number off the production line meant something to them? That, or if it was owned by Kirk first?

I own a #007 Relic, cant remember which ouija maybe #36?, #98 JH-2, and a #4 JH-3. A lower number doesn't add value to me, so I wouldnt pay more for a #1 over any other number (others opinions may differ). Being owned by Kirk however would add value to me so would pay more. 

BlackJack21

Ha, you have the #007 Relic nice. I was the original owner of that guitar and sold it years ago. I remember when I ordered it, the dealer had #006 and #007 and asked me which one I wanted, and I went with Bond lol.

Sephiroth
BlackJack21 wrote:

Ha, you have the #007 Relic nice. I was the original owner of that guitar and sold it years ago. I remember when I ordered it, the dealer had #006 and #007 and asked me which one I wanted, and I went with Bond lol.

ha ha Bond was the first thing I thought of when I got it as well.

I bought the relic and an original run ouija at the same time from a guy off ebay back in May 2007. He just seemed to be a collector, I think he said his wife was going nuts on how many guitars he had (maybe 40????)so was selling a few off. They were just on the top end of the scale I was willing to pay at the time. To be honest ever since then all they've done is go to the guitar tech to get set up and have sat in their cases ever since, waiting for me to put them on display.

What made you decide to sell it? Did you ever play it?

For the relic I paid £1,800 which is $2800 at todays exchange rate, but was around $3600 back at the 2007 exchange rate. I wonder if the guy sold it to me made any profit on it? I remember thinking it was expensive at the time. since the new price structure I forget what the sig series used to retail at, I thought around 1.5k to 2k but its hard to find evidence of the old prices.

Edit : I found a thread on the web where it was sold for $2000 in 2002 so I assume the guy I bough it off of made a nice profit(miinus the taxes and shipping fees it cost him to get it to the uk). what was the original price of these things?

ESP 348

I agree with what Sephiroth has posted.

Sven R.

I don't know whether the TS is still looking for the guitar; but the KH20 here in The Netherlands came up back for sale with a starting bid of 9000 euro's. (Same seller as mentioned earlier in this thread)

Also the advertisement states now that the price is negotiable!

Just an update

ESP 348

Cheers Sven, do you have a link of this guitar for sale?

Sven R.

I just went to their site (www.kajsguitarstore.nl) and it now states that the guitar is sold... I'm sorry, really wish I could have helped you in your quest!

ESP 348

Cheers mate, appreciate it.

It would be great to know what it sold for.

Looks pretty good too, hope the # has been documented also for the member here collecting these 'serial' numbers.

NRudy

im keeping mine , i have

kh20-#20 last run in north america

kh-2 ouija white number 25 last one made in north america

kh-2 ouija black i think 7 or 8 im not sure im guessing 8 shows i never played them lol

they are all new and never played and exactly pefect. not sure the value of the first or last numbers but i hope i dont have to sell them

and for you guys that think its crazy not to play them i do have most of hammets guitars that i do play most of them and some others i dont play its quite a collection when i recover i will catalogue all of them but im playing my fav guitar that i get every 4 years cuz i love it and i get a great price new the original kh-2 my fav guitar in 63 top end guitars some with msrp of over 23k prs collection limited runs custom inlays etc.. vintage fenders and gibsons anyways my fav is the esp clasic bolt on kh-2 from 2004. cheers guys

ESP 348

Good to hear they are keepers man. I hope I never have to sell mine either.

Your fav is your bolt on KH2? Interesting, it's not my fav by far, but my KH2 bolt on was the only guitar I had for many years and it was also my first ESP KH guitar built in and purchased in 2001.

It's not my fav in terms of looks, feel and tone, but that guitar will always hold a special place in my heart and if I ever have to sell my collection of guitars..................I will only keep one and as crazy as it sounds, the only one I would keep is the my 2001 KH2 bolt on.

ESP 348

I find it a little hard to understand your posts sometimes Nate, but I think I 'get it'.

Thanks for sharing, I LOVE my KH20 also. There are a few favs, but the KH20 is the best of them all.

Cheers

ESP 348

side note, my wife threatend me if i purchase the new ltd hammett gtr Nosferatu, sorry if i had that name off but shes like i drew the line with spiders and the white zombie shes creept out like crazy and has this insane fear of bugs, she has a phobia again i cant spell anyways she said shed kill me if i got a gtr with rat inlays n to be honest if they were esps id get them n just hide them for my collection, but if she ever found it it wont be pretty.... should have my vintage plus the second one i have as the first is the relic and im saving that to sell 1 day and i got the vintage plus new from an esp dealer should have it by sat, or early next week as im getting that tuned down a half a step and setup to my specs it just got to my dealer from esp i ordered it 3 days ago and after a setup and a few extras i got that makes 64 as i got 2 guitars sold a fender custom jeff beck in surf green. i think the only hammett gtr im missing is the green burst the kh-2 se which i had and sold but the wife says now only can buy a gtr if i sell 2 gtrs... im glad i got back to esp the prices are more normal than PRS private stock and collection series... which is art and they do make some of the finest musical guitars ive ever played....i had a one off of the kh-20 made its coming in 7 months i used 14 kt white gold outlined over the mother of pearl glow in the dark skull and crossbone inlays with original floyd and pretty much the same as the kh-20 just a few more exotic subtle changes in timber and other materials should be amazing... and it came with metal prs pickups but i have a set of emgs to put in and have a guitar tech to rewire it and had them build a spot for the battery since it was  P model ill explain when its done. and its 2 lbs lighter weight maybe 1.8 lbs lighter.

Hi Nate,

If I understand this correctly, you are having an ESP guitar made that is based on the KH20??

Coming in 7 months time with 14K white gold etc. with different wood and materials used?

Wow man, that is awesome. If you can give us more details about this one that would be great.

ESP 348

another Q

that link to the kh-20 in the netherlands thats the flash on the inlaid kh sig by the 12th fret.... its purple or red thats the flash ?? mines not of pearl or mopther of pearl i dont think as its a bit lighter than the sick inlays but its been a while since i saw it i might play it tonight im not sure i can wait its been 8 loooooong years..... and whomever thinks i should play it it wont effect the price much let me know whomever thinks i should hold out ill have a new gtr in a few days play other gtrs till thin god knows i have every kind let me know cuz im freakin torn.

I played mine yesterday, the inlay at the 12th is the same as the rest of the inlays.

It must have been the flash that gave off those colours you saw Nate.

Play the guitar man. I played mine yesterday and gave a mate a play of it also. It's the first time I have actually played mine since I got it in late 2013.

Truely an amazing guitar and these guitars are meant to be played.

NRudy

does anyone know the weight of the kh-20 i guess everyone;s might be different i dont have a scale to weigh mine i can only guess its around 8.8 lbs based on knowing the weight of 40 of my guitars from dealers i just realized its a silly question maybe but ill post it anyways...plus why do some ppl want heavy guitars ? if u get the correct wood and materials u can have a 6lb guitar with fantastic sustain and tones just curious ?

Post to Thread