WTB: ESP KH-20

Updated
WTB: ESP KH-20

Hey guys,

I'm back on the market looking to buy an ESP KH-20. I know it will be tough to find but figured this would be a good place to start. If anyone on here is looking to sell, please let me know! Thanks.

ESP 348

I have played it a few times Big Daddy. Not as much as I would have liked to, but I have played it and it's bloody awesome if I do say so myself.

And in regards to the serial number........

There is definitely a serial number on the back there, I just photoshopped it out of that picture.

ESP 348

No worries man.

BlackJack21

Here's an ESP KH-20 #25 if anyone is interested. You can be Big Daddy B's serial brother. 

This use to be Kirz "Kaz" Hammett's based off my tracking list. He's gotta be getting a natural ouija for him to sell it.

ESP KH-20 #25 on eBay

FYI, there's two of this same guitar on eBay (Japan stores) and one is priced a lot more, so make sure if anyone is buying it on here to get the one linked in this post.

Pims

There is a duplicate on ebay with the same guitar at 10k tag be careful guys

BlackJack21

Looks like this one is missing it's certificate as well. 

ESP 348

They are such awesome guitars.

DarkDiscordance

I have #10.  The old forum used to have another name and a ? on the list for #10, but I bought it from a dealer in 2007, so I'm the original owner.  Here is a pic to add to your list.  Not very good, but it's what I have on hand.

BlackJack21

Awesome thank you! Yea I had Jellyfinger then Sshafer1 as the owner lol. Nice top on it btw.

DarkDiscordance

Well hell, then you were correct, as sshafer1 used to be me.  I guess it's still me.    Interesting that you had it correct as I don't think I ever posted that I had it.  I lurked, but didn't post much.  I just found my way here because eBay notified me that a KH-20 went up for sale and I was just researching the going price.  I don't play mine anymore because I was starting to wear into the frets a tiny bit and it freaked me out.  I always figured I'd sell it one day, so I wanted it to be pristine.  It's still mint with stickers on the back and everything, but there is a tiny bit of fret wear now.  Oh well.

Breadfan32

Welcome back!

BlackJack21

Ha I've been tracking these guitars for the last few years so I know a few things.  This is however the first pic I have of #10.

ESP 348

Welcome back Sshafer.

Great guitar, thanks for the pic.

In regards to the frets wearing, they can always be replaced right?

DarkDiscordance

Thanks for the welcomes guys.  The guitar can be refretted, however, I wouldn't want to do that with a collectible guitar.  As I said, I always planned on selling this guitar, and no one is going to want to pay top dollar for a guitar like this if it's been refretted.  When I bought the guitar, I had every intention of playing it and I did!  BUT, I never played outside of my house, never wore belt buckles, etc.  I treated it like it was a $10,000 guitar and that is why it doesn't even have a light scratch on it, even though it has some fret wear.  That bitch just begged to be broken in and I obliged.  

ESP 348

You one ever know if a guitar has ever been refretted?

Can you tell?

I don't know, I have never seen one before.

But I agree with you, I would rather not have to go down that track.

Pushead

If it's done well, it's pretty difficult to tell that it's been refretted. I can't imagine he's putting enough wear that it would require a full refret. A fret dressing? Sure.

ESP 348
Pushead wrote:

If it's done well, it's pretty difficult to tell that it's been refretted. I can't imagine he's putting enough wear that it would require a full refret. A fret dressing? Sure.

Cheers Pus, great to hear that if it's done well it would be difficult to tell.

Perhaps a fret dressing is in order here.

DarkDiscordance

It is with my deepest regrets that I inform the community that beautiful #10 perished in the Camp Fire along with approximately $40,000 worth of other guitars.  On a lighter note, to all of you that currently own a KH-20, your value just went up approximately 1/40, or 2.5%.  

Guiguitarz

Very sorry to hear that, man ... Hope you and your family is ok.

Breadfan32

Wow!  Sorry to hear man. 

ESP 348

Holy shit! Wow!! How did it happen man?

ESP 348
AK wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/25/camp-fire-deadliest-wildfire-californias-history-has-been-contained/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.86954066e53a

Oh ok, wow! Here in Australia we call a camp fire just that, a camp fire.

First I have ever heard something like this called a camp fire. These LA fires are insane!

Either way, definitely happy to hear that he is alive and well.

The guitars can always be replaced later on.

Post to Thread