ESP MX250 - Is this a real one or fake?

Updated
ESP MX250 - Is this a real one or fake?

Hey guys,

I saw a ESP MX250 neck trough for sale for a very good price. But as there is so many fakes in the market it makes me wonder if this is a real one. I have a 02'' MX250 myself, bought used a few months ago.  

The seller said he ordered from the custom shop but haven't said the manufactured year. He also ordered without a case and without a serial number and Custom Shop logo in the back of the headstock. Mine also does not have the custom shop logo, but it is possible to order it without a serial??? The fingerboard is rosewood (mine is ebony).

The shape looks ok to me. The only thing I noticed is the color of the switch ring, were mine is black and this one is silver.

Pushead

Well, it's not neck-through.  It's set-neck like most every other.  Most MXs don't have a custom shop stamp, they're made for the Japanese market, which didn't use the stamps.

Though they're small pictures, it doesn't look like rosewood, it looks like ebony (again like a normal MX).  The EMGs are newer, they have the new style logo.  In fact, the rest of the guitar looks to be a newer build, the large post tune-o-matic were added to the guitar around 05 or so.  My 03 still has the small post (ABR style) bridge.

I can't say I've ever seen an MX without any serial number.  But thats the only thing that looks particularly out of the ordinary to me.  The switch was probably replaced at one point.  Mine is also black with a black ring.

Guijs

Thanks for the help Pushhead. 

GuitarsCollector

ask the seller a detail picture about front headstock logo...

Post to Thread