Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

Pushead

It's legit.

Alexander K.

Thank you!

Goodfella

Ltd Ec-401FM - Serial number: IS090205989. Tried getting some photos, but itunes is driving me crazy. The bridge and saddle chrome color has faded completely. This started just after I bought the guitar in the summer of 2011. The binding on the tip of the cutaway, where the binding meets, is slightly uneven. 

Looking for verification and when it was made. Thanks

Pushead

Serial number says 2009. Can't verify without photos.

Goodfella

Here you go !

Kas

ESP has so far not gotten back to me on the age of my Horizon. It's h/slant single. 3 way switch and Sinclair bridge. JAF neckplate #00401x, no other numbers. Anyone have an idea of a date on this one?

DeathMettle

Have an old LTD M-100 with this serial number:

E065937

Cant find any info on ESP 6 digit serial numbers myself, so hoping someone here knows something.

Thanks in advance.

Pushead

Any chance we could get a better photo of the LTD logo?

I have an MH-301 from around 02-03 with a 6 digit code, made in Korea with a U prefix.  I didn't think the 100 level guitars were Korean even then, but I might be wrong.  It seems an odd guitar to fake, considering the price range.  I suspect you're good, but the LTD logo in the full shot looks odd (probably refection of the flash.)  The headstock shape and tuners look right.

DeathMettle

I'll post it as soon as I get home tonight. The LTD logo does have a dark gold colored drop shadow, if that helps at all.

DeathMettle

My buddy that I got it from says he got it used sometime back in the '90s. But he has so many guitars that I wouldn't be too surprised if he was mistaken. Tried to do some of my own research, but none of the puzzle pieces seem to fit together. 

Pushead

Nah, that's good.  Must be the reflection in the other pic.

DeathMettle

Cool thanks. I didn't think it made sense to fake a 100, but I've seen weirder things. Any idea how old it might be? Feels much heavier than other M-100's I've touched in the recent few years. When did ESP switch production from the Korean factory to the Chinese factory? I'd really like to know more about this fine ax, it's the first LTD I've owned and it plays really nice for an "entry level" guitar.

Pushead

No real idea when the started moving guitars to other factories, but the late 90s to early 2000s is a pretty good guess for when the guitar was made.

DeathMettle

Awesome, thanks so much man. Really appreciate the sharing of knowledge. Awesome profile pic too btw!

Dirk S.

Hi all,

got the opportunity to buy an Eclipse-II and would need validation today if anyhow possible

SN is SS0738340.

Many thanks in advance!

Pushead

It's good.  Good luck!

Dirk S.

Thank you, picked it up for what I think is a pretty good price point. After owning a LTD MH-250NT for years finally stepped up to a proper ESP

Post to Thread