Is this Zorlac legit?

Updated
Is this Zorlac legit?

Hello mates,

Sad to see this forum so dead after glorious times (thanks for the damn new layout you genius!)

OK! Straight to the point: There's a 89' ESP Custom for sale in my country, for US$1200. It's claimed to be a Zorlac, I'm not to sure about that mainly because:

- EMGs were replaced

- Floyd Rose was replaced

- Truss-Rod is not correct

- The holes of the tremolo spring cavity cover aren't correct, the middle ones are parallel, they shouldn't be that way.

- Serial Number: 20170

I know it has a killswitch and it decreases valor to the guitar.

Here is a link to it:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.cl/MLC-422582273-esp-custom-japan-_JM

Thanks in advance.

ESP 348

Heya mate,

Firstly, totally agree with you in regards to the forum being shit now. :(

Loved the old lay out, hopefully they go back it one day.

The Zorlac is legit, but it looks like someone went to town on it unfortunately!

The truss is correct and the serial number should be also.

I would stay away from it, but if you really want it.......................buy it and restore it to original! Might take a while to find the correct parts, but I am sure it can be done.

It's your decision Daniel, but I would not buy it. I am sure an original one in mint condition will come up for sale again one day.

Let us know what you decide.

All the best from Down Under!

DanieLibuy

Hey my friend, long time not seeing you around.

I'm not gonna buy it, I think the same as you, the killswitch just killed the guitar for me, I'm not going to buy a collector guitar with those mods.

But yeah, I was thinking about it seriously hahaha.

Best Regards.

ESP 348

Hi buddy,

Great to hear from you too!

Yeah, stay away from it. If you're keen to buy one, I will definitely keep a look out for you now.

Have a great day, take care and talk soon.

Cheers Pap

Post to Thread