LTD Truckster painting - Now with pics.

Updated
LTD Truckster painting - Now with pics.

I just got a LTD Truckster, one of the earlier runs when the black one came out. Ive noticed the white paint the shows off under the black paint its a bit yellowish, just on the spot where your arm sits. on the rest of the guitar is whitier. Is it normal? I maean, do all of them have the same collor feel? The funny thing is, I saw pictures of the guitar before getting it, and it looked very white to me. But seeing it in person it has a yellowish collor. Can it be the normal aging of the white? Can i sand it a litttle to bring more the withe coller? Is there any product I can use to give it a cleaner look?

Thank you!

Eduardo M.

Can Anyone give me a help?

Pushead

It's normal.  Sandpaper would get rid of the yellow, but end up making the spot look worse.

Eduardo M.

Thanks Pushead!

Do you own one? Its weird because it looks clear white when pictured. They did this on purpuse just to look different than the ESP version or it is just the different kind of lacqueer they use on the LTDs?

So, every LTD model has the white layer more like a cream white color?

Pushead

I had both an LTD and ESP version of the gray Truckster.  The white turned yellow on both, but the finish thickness and color was different between the two.

Eduardo M.

Thanks for the pics Pushead!

Yes, the red looks  more bright on the LTD. Do you have any picutres of the guitar looking a bit more yellow-ish?

Eduardo M.

I tried take a picture in a darker room to make the yellow-ish color appear, you can see on the markings near the knobs. Did yours become like this?

In a more lit room it really looks white.

Pushead

The LTD did.  The ESP just turned a bit creamy, not as yellow as the LTD.  I had the LTD longer, but I think the ESP was about the same age.  I haven't had either in a few years.

The finishes are pretty different in terms of the process.  I don't know what the process is, but the LTD felt fairly flat as you ran your hand over the "spot."  The ESP version you could actually feel the layers as you ran your hand over it.  The LTD probably had a thinner finish.

TBH, the LTD version sounded better to me.

Eduardo M.

Thanks for the info!

Yes the finish on the LTD feels flat, you can´t fell the layers at al. Unfortonately I never had a chance to check any ESP Truckster model personaly, even the LTD model, until this one arrived to me. I guess its beacuse they do another coat of lacqueer after the sanding process. There is some parts sanded down to the wood in some tiny spots in the back of my guitar. You can´t even touch the wood, there is clearly a layer of lacqueer on top of it. 

Its odd becuase the white layer on the back and neck of my guitar doenst have this yellow-ish color, just on top of my guitar. Its preety odd to me...

Pushead

If it makes you feel better, this guitar used to be white, too.

Eduardo M.

Beautiful guitar! Do you still has it?

I scracthed a tiny bit of one of the markings on top of the guitar with a razorblade, removing the lacqueer a little bit and the white color thar showed off is really white and not yellow. Does it age in yellow only on the first layer?

boogie20

My ESP snow white snakebyte is starting to change color. It's more of a cream now. I hope it doesn't turn yellow like Pushead's guitar.

Eduardo M.

Can you show a pic of your cream snakebyte? Mine still has the original snow white color. I hope it stays that way. Do you play your guitar outdoors often?

the snakebyte was introduced in 2011, right? Isnt it premature to change its color ? 

Pushead

Well that guitar is 37 years old and finished in Nitro.  I think it's about the worst-case scenario.  But I love it.

boogie20

I don't know how to post pics here. My snakebyte is from 2011, so i am a little disappointed it is already changing color. And no, I don't play it outdoors or leave it in the sun. It pretty much stays in the case unless i'm playing it. Btw, Pushead, I wasn't knocking your guitar. I was just saying I hope mine doesn't change that much until it is at least the same as yours.

Eduardo M.

Its a beautiful guitar indeedb pushead. I have a 2003 gibson explorer in white, its a bit yellow too. But not that much, cause i dont play it very often. 

Boogie20, its very simple to post pics. Just click on the image icon on top of the post window and browse it on your pc. Im very courious to see how your snakebyte looks. Its a Ltd or Esp?

i wish the white layer of my truckster remained white, i think it doesnt look that cool a black guitar with yellow stains....that sucks

Post to Thread