KH-DC standard series value?

Updated
Turtle m.

I have one of these and I am considering selling it. It's in mint condition with a COA and OHSC. 

They only make these as a custom shop now and I don't think they made many of these before they decided to make them a custom shop only model. Any idea what these are roughly worth?

boogie20

I had one and only got $1000CAD for it. Mind you I traded mine in at a guitar store.

Turtle m.

Really only $1000.00 did you buy it new? if you did would mind telling me what you originally paid for it?

boogie20

yup, i bought it new. Can't remember the exact price. But i think it was around $2200. You might get more money for selling it privately.

ESP 348

I paid $1500 for mine new 12 months ago.

It's the red one, if anyone wants to swap me a black one that would be awesome.

Big Daddy B

I bought one new earlier in the year. Actually I bought 2. The first one I got for like $1500 but returned it because they could not provide the COA. The second one ran me $1900 but came with an incorrect case which I had to buy a new one separately. Anyway, what I have seen lately is a lot of sellers of both new and used are now pricing the 2012 SS serial models the same as the 2013-2014 K serial numbers. I think because of that crap, you rarely see them sell. I even recall a guy that had a K # black one listed on ebay a long time for only like $1500 or so and I am not sure if he ever sold it. Incredible deal for the buyer if he did.

Based on what I have seen, most used SS's tend to be listed around $1500-$1700 and generally sell in the $1200 range.

Is the one you want to sell red or black? I don't recall ever seeing a black SS. And why are you looking to sell it?

Also, in case anyone looks at this type of stuff, I noticed that the new K's have an inlay at the first fret whereas the the SS does not.

Turtle m.

Thanks for the info guys I have the red version. I was considering on selling it to help fund the purchase of another guitar. But there is no way I'll part with it for $1200.00. Hell the LTD version sells for that price.

boogie20

yeah, i should have kept mine. Defintely hard to get value for guitars these days.

Big Daddy B

Sickens me to see how suddenly dealers have upped the price on old stock SS models from $1500-$2000 to $4-$5K soley based on the confusion caused by ESP now manufacturing K series models at that price. In fact as mentioned, I ordered one from a dealer on eBay for $1500 but returned it due to lack of COA. That same dealer is now listing the same guitar at a price fluctuating between $4200-$4900.

If I were you I would hang on to yours for the time being. See how the market plays out in the future.

boogie20

I hope ESP gos back to the old pricing. I would definitely buy more instead of thinking if it is worth the 5k price tag.

ESP 348

I wouldn't pay $5K for one, that's for sure!

It's a $2K guitar if you ask me. It's nice, but the quality is not as good as some of the other KH guitars in the $5000 price range.

Turtle m.

Yeah I'm going to hang on to it. I guess these will be somewhat limited seeing as the DC's were only made for a short time before ESP restructred and started making these only as a custom shop. 

ESP 348

I think so too mate. I have not seen any for sale since they have decided to make them Custom Shop order only.

They were never that popular to begin with, so you probably won't see too many more of them made which *may* help restore the value in these guitars now.

I would LOVE to swap my red one for a black one. But again, being CS order only I have never seen one for sale anywhere and more than likely the owner of a black one would have paid three times more than what I did for mine and the deal wouldn't happen unless I put a thousand or more into it.

If the opportunity ever arises though, that would be great as I probably will do everything I could to make it happen. *wink wink*

Big Daddy B

There was a K serial black one for sale on eBay a while back. Not sure if you could find it under completed listings and contact the owner. He wanted <$2K for it.

Big Daddy B

Did you see the weight on it? I will say my black K serial seems much heavier than my red SS serial.

Post to Thread