LTD K-500 (Kelly Hayes, from Cold)

Updated
LTD K-500 (Kelly Hayes, from Cold)

Hi, fellas!

I´d like to know if any of you have this awesome guitar, the LTD K-500. I bought mine around 10 years ago, a brand new one, changed the EMG HZ to 81/60 and it´s still rocking.

I love how light it is, how it resonates and how it sounds and play (very comfortable)

Here you have some pics of it! Hope you like it!

chrisss

That's just an amazing Eclipe interpretation... 25.5 scale Eclipse with string through body. People would still buy that today!

Jotun Studio

Thanks a lot, Chrisss! I also think that way. I love that guitar and its configuration. In fact, I´m checking out the JK-1 which has this same scale and string tb, but also locking tuners, neck-through and ebony fingerboard. Such awesome specs!!!

Roger Carvalho

full thickness body ?

Jotun Studio

No, man. On the contrary is quite slim and doesn´t weigh much, but it resonates a lot. I really love this guitar, it´s amazing!

Francesco B.

I'm about to get one as an excange, could you please tell me the value of this axe?
Thanks \m/

Jotun Studio

Well, I think it´s a great guitar, with a lot of resonance, very comfortable to play, low weight and killer looks. I changed the HZ for 81/60 and also I have to warn you that the satin finish gets glossy in the areas were you touch it (hand, forearm, etc).

I have trade/sold guitars but I´m keeping this one 

Francesco B.

Wonderful!  do you have any idea of the retailing price for this guitar? I've searched a lot but it seems kinda rare or uncommon 

Jotun Studio
Francesco B. wrote:

Wonderful!  do you have any idea of the retailing price for this guitar? I've searched a lot but it seems kinda rare or uncommon 

Sorry for the late reply, Francesco. I have no idea of the price, since it´s a guitar that came out around 10 years ago. It was made in a small batch of 500-600 aprox. so, as you said, it´s very rare to find one of these.

Mine had pickups replaced for active EMGs (81 and 60), so I think the price nowadays would be around 900 €.

Hope it helped

Miguel Ángel O.

Do you still have the guitar? how much the guitar?

Jotun Studio
Miguel Ángel O. wrote:

Do you still have the guitar? how much the guitar?

Yes, I still have it, Miguel Ángel (where are you from? I´m from Spain). 

As I said before, it´s a rare one, so I think it would be around 900 € (I don´t know if you want to buy it from me or justa asking to know how much would it cost).

Cheers!

Roger Carvalho

neck is thin or thick like a LP ?

Jotun Studio

Thin

ESP 348

Cool guitar! Still looks like new.

Jotun Studio

Thanks, man. Glad you liked it.

I have played it but always home, and being very careful with it (though it has the matt finish a little glossy in some areas)

ESP 348

Very good, you can play these awesome guitars, you just have to look after them like you have done here.

Jotun Studio

Yeah, I try to take care and look after them. And since I played them only in my studio, there´s less risk of something bad happening to them

ESP 348

Cheers for the pic Roadie, I remember the ESP version now on the left. Very cool guitar.

patrick l.

I still have mine! Been Playing it for almost 12 years I guess. Absolutely love it since the day I bought it new at 48th street customs in New York. I actually sold it on Ebay years ago when I was getting married and needed some money. I regretted it instantly, and a few years later, saw my exact guitar back up on Ebay( Recognized a very specific chunk of paint missing, matched up the serial number against an old pic of the headstock I had) And I immediately bought it back. It felt right the minute I picked it up. It's gone through a few pick-up changes over the years, but right now it has an EMG Hetfield set in it, those seem to be perfect in this. Nice medium-light weight, and the neck is slightly thick, but not as big as a Gibson. The matte finish has glossed over in spots from years of arm rub, so it doesn't look as cool as when I first got it, but it's definitely a workhorse.

Roger Carvalho

send us some pics !!!

patrick l.

Wondering if anyone would be interested in bying my K-500? I'm currently refinishing the satin black paint job (the original was pretty beat up and shiny in some spots), and I'm considering putting it up for sale when I'm done. I'd rather offer it to someone here who might really appreciate it before putting it on Ebay to the general public. Please let me know. I can provide any specs and photos.

Thanks.

Post to Thread