WTB esp or ltd mx250

Updated
WTB esp or ltd mx250

Hi new to the forum, not sure where to post this but I'm chasing an esp or ltd mx250 explorer. If anyone can help that would be great 

Pushead

What price range were you hoping to stay within?

Dominic D.

Not really sure, not really keen on dropping 5k on one though 

Dominic D.

I've seen two ltd ones recently for sale for $2000 and another for $500 one was in Italy and the other was in Australia but both had a Floyd rose bridge. 

Dominic D.

Bump, anyone ??

vdubs75

Pretty sure there is no LTD MX250. Or is there?

The LTDs were bolt-ons called EXP 200...300 and so on. There was also a ESP EXP bolt-on. 

Dominic D.

I don't know man, I just want one, if there's any some wants to sell.

lec0rsaire

Good luck with that. I also want one. They went for $2,000-2,500 on eBay a decade ago but they are getting more and more scarce. No one wants to part with them. Your only hope is Japan if they still are in production. Expect to spend $5,000 for a new one from over there. I was an idiot. I had a JH-2 in front of me at Sam ash back in '98-99 for $1,799 and I didn't buy it and took a KH-2 instead. There was also an original brand new bolt-on Ouija Kh-2 at 48th st guitars that I also slept on. Back then I had no idea that lawsuits were coming for both of those. I thought the Ouija would be around for a while. Now the KH-2s are a dime a dozen except for the Ouija and all the JH signatures and regular ESP EXPs and MXs fetch double and triple the original price in some cases. The JH-3 eclipse I also tried but I was never into LP style guitars. I also demo'd a JH-1 around the same time. Badass looking guitar but since I was shopping for my 2nd guitar I needed something comfortable to practice on and Vs are really ideal for live playing.

Pushead
vdubs75 wrote:

Pretty sure there is no LTD MX250. Or is there?

The LTDs were bolt-ons called EXP 200...300 and so on. There was also a ESP EXP bolt-on. 

The set-neck LTD was called the MX130.  It had a tune-o-matic bridge.

Samuel C

I bought the Epiphone 1984 EX Black , it's almost the same : Mahogany body and set neck, emg pickups 81/85 (yeah that's not the same couple as James has but that sounds emg ) ,rosewood fingerboard and tune -o-matic bridge. I'm happy with it

the MX250 is hard to find now and expensive

aLip8

I just got mine two months back when i was in Japan @bigboss... It cost me ard  550,000yen...so do you math. they call it MX II now. It was built for 2013 summersonic.

GuitarsCollector

can you please post some pictures? serial number???

thanks

Dominic D.

I have found one :-) ltd exp200

Anthony M.

I went to that same Big Boss ESP store in Japan and they had 2 ESP MX250s there and they were $6,500 and they told me that if you want to make a custom order for one it will be over $10,000 so good luck with that lol 

mulysa

$10,000 ?   

Dominic D.

That dosn't sound right to me

Samuel C

So you're not happy with it?

Dominic D.

Happy with what?

Post to Thread