• rmnc

WTB: ESP Stephen Carpenter 6 string SRC

Hey I know this is a long shot but i'm looking for an ESP (not LTD) Stephen Carpenter signature 6 string in sonic blue or white. I've been looking for years and saw that a sonic blue one traded hands recently.

My email is romancostanzo@gmail.com
    Thanks

• rmnc

bump

• ...And Justice For All

I wish too man

• rmnc

submitted my custom order form and not looking forward to the quote 

• ...And Justice For All

cool what are you getting

• rmnc

Essentially like the sonic blue SRC6 above but without the neck pickup, truss cover or signature on the headstock, and tuners changed to Sperzel locking. Though I might contemplate it a little more if the quote I receive is realistic. 

I'm almost considering changing to white or silver with black hardware after seeing this custom shop, which looks pretty spot on with my order http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/2705225-post1.html 

I wish ESP r&d would release a Horizon to these specs, it doesn't even have to have the SRC branding since he doesn't play 6ers anymore anyway, I just think a TOM Horizon neck pickup moved to middle and blank board completely changes the appeal of the guitar.

• ...And Justice For All

damn that grey one is sick. why didn't you choose sperzel's anyway, that's what the SRC came with? the difference in price between sperzels and gotohs is miniscule. just get a truss tod cover, you can take it off. are you getting duncan's or emgs?

• rmnc

I think you have it the other way round, I want locking Sperzels but the SRC6 came with non-locking Gotohs according to the old specs booklet I have. 

I think i'll order the truss cover but not have the hole drilled so that I can do it myself if I decide to later, and have the option to have it looking clean without a hole if I decide to keep it off. 

I'll get a Duncan JB in the bridge to keep it in line with what was used before the EMGs, not sure on middle, an ESP designed pickup was used in the original but i'll stick with a Duncan in the middle.

I made a mockup of what i'm after. I can't decide between black hardware to match the black pickups or chrome hardware to kind of match the white binding and nut. I prefer chrome hardware in general but the black kind of fits the guitar better, i'm not sure.

• ...And Justice For All
        rmnc wrote:

I think you have it the other way round, I want locking Sperzels but the SRC6 came with non-locking Gotohs according to the old specs booklet I have. 

I think i'll order the truss cover but not have the hole drilled so that I can do it myself if I decide to later, and have the option to have it looking clean without a hole if I decide to keep it off. 

I'll get a Duncan JB in the bridge to keep it in line with what was used before the EMGs, not sure on middle, an ESP designed pickup was used in the original but i'll stick with a Duncan in the middle.

I made a mockup of what i'm after. I can't decide between black hardware to match the black pickups or chrome hardware to kind of match the white binding and nut. I prefer chrome hardware in general but the black kind of fits the guitar better, i'm not sure.

man that is the perfect guitar, I'd definitely go with chrome though. the JB is my all time favorite pickup, but I'm loving EMG's right now, the 60A is such a great pickup, I have no clue why it's not popular, it's better than the ceramic 60.

• rmnc

...And Justice For All wrote:

man that is the perfect guitar, I'd definitely go with chrome though. the JB is my all time favorite pickup, but I'm loving EMG's right now, the 60A is such a great pickup, I have no clue why it's not popular, it's better than the ceramic 60.

Yeah I changed to chrome hardware. I wasn't getting answers out of the original store I went though so I found an Australian dealer known for ESP dealer of the year awards etc. I just finished going over specs with them and I should get a reply from Japan in a week or so. I think I used an EMG in one of my guitar like a decade ago but I didn't really connect with. I haven't played a JB since then either and i'll probably try different pickups eventually but I wanted to go with what was used on the original model first - though I switched the middle EMG designed pickup for a SD Jazz on my order since I doubt the ESP pickup was any good. 

Would you have any interest in a green SC-500?

Cancel