Jeff hanneman 2014??

Updated
typeo1980
Do you think there will be any new signature esp/ltd Hanneman models for 2014?? It would be cool to see the heineken/hanneman sig he had come out, in tribute to him.
Road King

Someone will have to choose which new Nazi inlays to put on the guitars.

Powerslave

A true tribute would have the spider inlays.....

Tondog

...or just an arm in various states of decay...

Omerta

Lmfao! They should release a sig though, dean is still doing Dime sigs to my knowledge, so why not?

Road King

That would actually be pretty damn metal.

Wow, how tasteless. Granted, Jeff never was very politically correct but anyone who knew about him understood he wasnt a racist but simply very interested in World war two and more specifically Nazis. Having an interest in something doesnt mean you are that thing. Tom Araya is from Chile and Dave Lombardo is from Cuba. Not exactly the blonde hair blue eyed guys you would expect if they were racists. And if that was really the stance Jeff took he probably wouldnt have formed a band with the guys. The real irony here though is you have people questioning the ethics of a man at the same time they are making fun of his death. Way to take the moral high ground guys.
WTF are you talking about, noob? No one said Jeff was a Nazi.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Tim M.

Wow, how tasteless. Granted, Jeff never was very politically correct but anyone who knew about him understood he wasnt a racist but simply very interested in World war two and more specifically Nazis. Having an interest in something doesnt mean you are that thing. Tom Araya is from Chile and Dave Lombardo is from Cuba. Not exactly the blonde hair blue eyed guys you would expect if they were racists. And if that was really the stance Jeff took he probably wouldnt have formed a band with the guys. The real irony here though is you have people questioning the ethics of a man at the same time they are making fun of his death. Way to take the moral high ground guys.

Geetarguy70

Welcome to the board man

Powerslave

a bunch of unnecessary whiny bullshit.

Suck a dick.... it was just a couple of jokes. The kind of jokes Jeff himself would likely have laughed at.

Chucksplatter

Would LOVE to see a "heineken/hanneman" tribute....& less classless comments!!

:rolleyes:

Ozzfun

Jeff Hanneman: World Class Historian

Irontusk73

I talked with an ESP rep and they said they are still deciding whether or not to keep the line as a whole. I would think they would at least do a custom shop tribute. I think it's all up to his wife at this point.

Pushead

kWBhP0EQ1lA

Pushead

You hair, like your heart, will be in the right place. A place of reverence and humble in it's honor of a fine historian.

tyler t.

I had a phase when i was younger where i was quite fascinated with The Nazi beliefs and their tactics and technology but i was and still am quite the ww2 buff. And I'm still kinda confused on your argument. It's distasteful to want to make Hannemen sigs? after he died? and to joke about the spider bite thing is funny because its kinda random. its not often you hear of such a case. let alone to one of the leading minds to the most "evil" or "satanic" thrash band out there lol. I'm pretty sure ESP makes a nice amount of profit off his guitars and has a decent demand for them. And yes any 15 year old with a basic knowledge of WW2 history knows what 90% of the symbols mean on Jeff's guitars. A basic link in all metal is to push boundaries, for instance Iron Maiden had a ep with Eddie stabbing the was then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. It can be easily chalked up to being Metal. point blank. Stop fighting for something that isn't a problem. damn hippy.

Tim M.

I had a phase when i was younger where i was quite fascinated with The Nazi beliefs and their tactics and technology but i was and still am quite the ww2 buff. And I'm still kinda confused on your argument. It's distasteful to want to make Hannemen sigs? after he died? and to joke about the spider bite thing is funny because its kinda random. its not often you hear of such a case. let alone to one of the leading minds to the most "evil" or "satanic" thrash band out there lol. I'm pretty sure ESP makes a nice amount of profit off his guitars and has a decent demand for them. And yes any 15 year old with a basic knowledge of WW2 history knows what 90% of the symbols mean on Jeff's guitars. A basic link in all metal is to push boundaries, for instance Iron Maiden had a ep with Eddie stabbing the was then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. It can be easily chalked up to being Metal. point blank. Stop fighting for something that isn't a problem. damn hippy.

No, I think to have hanneman sigs after his death would be perfectly fine. I have no problem with signature models after death. Especially if proceeds from the sales benefit the family of the lost person. I dont have any idea how you could come to the conclusion that is what im upset about as I never said ANYTHING against having a guitar made postmortem. Here is my problem in as plain english as I can explain it.

The man just died almost exactly a month ago. And this thread seemed to be created with a genuine interest in his guitars. Then the comments came about the nazi inlays, then comments making fun of his necrotizing fasciitis. I just feel its a little soon to be taking pot shots at his grave. Nothing more. I realize the guy was far from PC himself but this is death we are talking about. Maybe I just grew up in a different time. These days those younger than me seem to have absolutely zero respect for anything. And what once was seemed downright appalling is the new funny. As far as what is and isnt a problem, I will make that decision for myself.

Road King

Stop fighting for something that isn't a problem. damn hippy.
Owned.

Mr.Dahl

Jeff Hanneman Slayer reign in blood angel of death tribute guitar. End of discussion, I just killed it. Cheers.

Post to Thread