Question on used KH2 I just got

Updated
rcs
Just bought a used KH2, sight unseen, from GC. I just got it in the mail today and had a question. The serial number on the back of the headstock, matches the COA included in the case. However, there was a ESP product info card in there, looks to be a checklist actually. The serial number listed on this card, is the same serial on the neck plate. The manufacturer date appears to be 97. Was this standard procedure back then? I've never had a signature series....only regular M series... thanks ps: The guitar is noticeably heavier than my MII. Why is that? Aren't they both Alder bodies? For what its worth, my MII was made in 2007. The KH2 seems to have way better tone too! Thanks
Skoggy

It's the same on my ESP, which dates back to '98. The serial at the back of the headstock is listed together with the model number, and the neckplate number is listed as serial #.

rcs

hey thanks man. I love this thing! Question for you, is the rosewood different on the KH models, vs the M series? I ask only because it is a different shade, but maybe its because this guitar is older and well played?

Check out the pictures below, that isn't my guitar, but my guitar's fretboard looks almost identical. Strangely, the fretboard feels smooth. At first, I thought it was excess wear?

Thanks

load more replies (1 of 1)
Tom.Ashworth

Soak some Lemon oil or others on it next time you string the guitar like ESP said. that will restore color.

Post to Thread