LTD GL-500 series

Updated
Nevermore
Does anyone else own either the LTD kamikaze or LTD sunburst tiger as i would like to know if you guys have spotted anything odd with them. I took my kamikaze to pieces today the first time ever just to check a few things over & i noticed when i looked at the back of the neck that where the overhang on the rosewood is the underneath of it is white wood/maple ? I got a horrible feeling inside that the neck is just one solid piece of maple & they have stained or dyed the top to look like rosewood :eek: as you cannot see the join i know it will have been glued well but there should still be a tiny indication that its 2 pieces of wood & to me it just doesnt look like it is. Its really odd & got me wondering about what else this thing is made up of. also when i took the locking nut off there was 2 small pieces of plastic at the adge of both sides of the nut not a full shim im assuming there shims did anyone elses come with the nut shimmed? would love some feedback on these guitars to see if its just me or is this the same on others.
sahlomonic

The grain on the wood is a dead giveaway if its maple (smooth) or rosewood (well . . . not as smooth as you can see the grain more). They are indeed rosewood so no worry there. Can you post a pic of the problem area? I can't quite imagine what it is you're looking at.

The plastic pieces under the nut are shims - so don't lose them they are there to keep the strings at the correct height.

The biggest QC issue on the 500 series Lynch guitars are the body and headstocks seemed to be painted in different locations. I owned a sunburst tiger LTD and there was noticeably a darker/blacker sunburst on the headstock, and more purple showed on the body.

Hope this helps!

Post to Thread