Sent back an ESP for an LTD

Updated
Carpe Demon
So I ordered my LTD Snakebyte a week ago yesterday and it was shipped to me, got to me within 6 business days. To discover that it was an ESP. To which I was elated with joy. Then I checked my email and as it turned out in the spam area for some reason was an email from the shop who sent it out saying they knew they made a mistake and if in fact the guitar I received was an ESP they would arrange shipment back and get my guitar to me ASAP. It turns out that someone who ordered the ESP got mine instead. So out of some unknown goodness in my heart I sent it back and will receive my LTD Tuesday. The guy said he was going to throw in a few goodies to make it worth my wait and inconvenience, I told him thanks but it really wasn't necessary. Am I nuts? As guitar people I figured you would give a unique perspective to this situation. What would you have done?
Beauty/Broken

I'd have pretended that I never got that email. It's unlikely they would have made a huge effort to recover it and you'd probably not have to worry about them turning up at your home or whatever over one guitar. Ultimately the responsibility would have fallen on the salesman or warehouse worker who messed up.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong - but I'm pretty sure that they'd have no legal grounds to recover it. Them emailing you about it to send it back is pretty much asking a favor of you.

I guess you can take the satisfaction that you probably saved someone's job, though.

Apotheosis

Damn that must've been hard to send back. Did you at least play a few songs first?! I'm sure the shop could've made it a legal thing if you didn't return it anyways so it's all good. Think about being on the other side and paying for an ESP but getting an LTD? That would not be cool

xZYRYABx

You did the right thing.
They would not have let a 2K mistake just fly under the radar.
They have your CC info and address after all anyways.
At least you got to test drive the ESP version from the comfort of your couch!

DanieLibuy

Well played mate, like a gentleman.

Regards.

dsquared

Of course you did the right thing. To do anything else would have been fucked up and a total douche move.

Irontusk73

Yeah I would have sent it back. You did the right thing. Plus I would be afraid they would charge me for the ESP if I didn't send it back.

Iron Dog

You did the right thing. I would have done the same.

Justinschut

I once bought a Schecter A7 7-string from a store in the US through Ebay and when it got here, it turned out to be a Schecter A5 (aka celloblaster, 5 string guitar with weird tuning).

I e-mailed them about it and they apologized, sent me the A7 and threw in some goodies for my inconvenience. Got to keep the 5 string as well :)

Metlupass2

I would have played it for as long as I could, but sent it back.

yearofthespider2k3

It will come back to you in one way or the other. I once found a walllet with over 600 bucks in it. It had an Id and everything. I was pretty broke at the time and it was a fortune. It still wouldn't be nothing to scoff at. Anyhow, I found the guy and got it back to him. A week later my fridge went out. The guy across the street had recently had someone move out of a rent house and leave the fridge behind. It was perfect with working water and ice, clean and everything. They just didn't want to haul it away when they moved. Guy hooked me up with a brand new looking fridge. I know it doesn't always work that way but cosmic chance? You decide.

Carpe Demon

Oh I totally gave it a test drive, I wanted to take a picture of me holding it but my roommate was gone to work, didn't think just a picture of it laying in box would have mattered much. I admit that I gave Master of Puppets a thorough run through first but in the end I just felt like if it had been reversed and like if I made a mistake at work that could get me canned, I would like it if someone looked out for me. Now I just await my LTD. I will post pictures of IT once I have it, thanks y'all for the thoughts. :) You guys rock!

Explorer45

Def. did the right thing dude!

Post to Thread