2013 signature models

Updated
hori
When will Esp release info on the 2013 models. I am wanting a LTD GL-600 skull and snakes but am praying they will offer a LTD skull and snakes for 2013. Do Esp generally release the new models in Nov or Dec? thanks
Pushead

In the week leading up to winter NAMM.

jaymz097

I was looking for a GL-56 and see it's not on the website and is in limited supply and hard to find one. I did find one at accent music and it said 1 available. I bought it and later got an email saying it was now a custom order. I wrote back and demanded the one that was available. I did order it and will wait 6 to 8 months. I was able to change the neck and middle pickups to Duncans for no charge so no complaints. The price on them has gone up to over $2,100 now at most places. Locked in at $1,999.

Beaten Beyond

The U.S. site had the wrong specs because the GL-56 already has Duncan SSL1 pickups in the neck and middle. The middle pickup is NOT RWRP, btw. That must be a request by George because most modern Strat-style guitars have a RWRP middle pickup.

jaymz097

The U.S. site had the wrong specs because the GL-56 already has Duncan SSL1 pickups in the neck and middle. The middle pickup is NOT RWRP, btw. That must be a request by George because most modern Strat-style guitars have a RWRP middle pickup.
All the descriptions I see call the middle and neck pickups as ESP SS-120 pickups, no mention of Seymour Duncans in neck and mid. Please explain RWRP, thanks Chad T.

Beaten Beyond

Yeah, I was surprised when I pulled the pickguard on mine and found Duncans in there. I know it is totally original, so it hasn't been modded. Maybe some of them do have the ESP pickups, though. I'm just going on the one I own.

RWRP is reverse wound, reverse polarity. On Strat style guitars, it makes positions 2 and 4 humbucking. On the GL-56, this would only apply to the N+M pickup selection, but it'd still be worthwhile to have. I'm guessing George spec'd it that way. Another thing I don't like is the standard spaced bridge pickup. It should have a trem-spaced pickup in there because the E strings are noticeably quiet when playing clean. Again, I'm guessing he spec'd it that way based on an old guitar of his. Despite those qualms, it's a great guitar, but I don't play it much and have considered selling it.

jaymz097

I saw George when he came to Houston with Souls of We and I was really hoping his next sig would be the sea foam green Tele he played through the whole show. It sounded so good. Thanks Chad T!!

jaymz097

This was in my email today from dealer I ordered the GL-56 from...
Japan does not have any necks or bodies for the GL-56, so it would be a full blown custom item, built from the ground up. This would be a lot more money since they have to carve the body and the neck from scratch.

WTF!!!!

MV-CTM

well ESP did discontinue the standard/signature series lines and that model specifically so...it makes sense

Post to Thread