How much a tip-top condition ESP KH1's value in year 2012?

Updated
MetallicaBeh
Can anyone tell me please? how much a ESP KH1 worth? Got a friend want to let it go, but I think the price is .... kinda expensive... one pickUP only... around USD$5,000.00 I think it's a bit over price.... Thanks!
ESP 348

Can anyone tell me please? how much a ESP KH1 worth? Got a friend want to let it go, but I think the price is .... kinda expensive... one pickUP only... around USD$5,000.00 I think it's a bit over price....

Thanks!

You can have mine for US $3000, it's in mint condition. ;)

$5000 is around $3500 too much for a bolt on KH1 if you ask me. But it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Your friend won't get $5K, but he might get more than $1500 also. :D

If it's a neck-thru KH1, I'd value it around $2000-$2500 depending on condition of course.

Anymore details?

Trendkill

I doubt there's anything fishy. Probably didn't like the guitar or needs the money. That's the problem with buying something you'd don't get the chance to hold in your hands first.

Trendkill

Thanks for the advice man. Was considering putting a bid on it. Will avoid like the plague.

graziano

as a comment, I must say i am glad forums like this can prevent guitar lovers like us to get burnt on shady deals, and bad sellers.

cheers everyone.

load more replies (1 of 1)
dsquared

What a fucking scammer Ned Bressler of Guitar Heaven Studios in Vacaville, CA seems to be.

I sent the buyer a msg, maybe it'll help.

ESP 348

What a fucking scammer Ned Bressler of Guitar Heaven Studios in Vacaville, CA seems to be.

I sent the buyer a msg, maybe it'll help.

What a shifty fucker!!

Trendkill

Good job dsquared. Still though, if the buyer reads this, could you please post pictures of the guitar??, or send them to the guy above to post here ^

Still though, I can't imagine being too disappointed, I've thrown away 1100 dollars on worse things.

dsquared

I exhanged a bunch of msgs with the buyer, he's got the full story now.

ESP 348

I exhanged a bunch of msgs with the buyer, he's got the full story now.

Hopefully the buyer can work something out with the dodgey seller.

ESP 348

There is a KH1 for sale on Ebay at the moment with a nasty chunk missing out of the side of the fretboard.

If anyone is interested in taking a look, here ya go-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/182196469974?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Pushead

Yeah, and that's another guitar that shows up in three different auctions.  The word is that the guitar is at a Japanese shop, and people will list it on ebay without owning the guitar.  If it sells in the auction, the "seller" runs to the shop and buys it.  Apparently there have been auctions won, but refunded because the guitar sold at the shop without the ebay seller realizing it.

Big Daddy B

That happens often. In fact I just bought a Les Paul on Reverb from ishibashi and put out a feeler for a NTB KH-1 and this is the one he came back with literally 5 mins ago. He also sent me pictures of that Ouija. It's pretty beat, there is a big chunk out of the horn.

Anyway a strategy I have now been using to weed out the flakey jap middlemen is if they are accepting offers, I will submit an offer based on the serial number listed or reference the exact picture in the auction. That way they come back and tell me the guitar was already sold without tying up my money.

ESP 348

Cheers boys, some people have no morals unfortunately.

Pushead

I find that a lot of guitars from Japanese sellers are pretty beat up.  I could never get a great reason why.  I suspect it's because many people in Japan forego a hard shell case and stick with a gig bag.  I was told the reason for that is because HSC take up too much room in the small apartments many Japanese people have.

Weird.

ESP 348

That makes sense a lot of sense Pus.

Or perhaps they don't pay as much for their guitars there so they don't seem to care about looking after them like we do.

Post to Thread