Question: Gibby V Kirk Aged and Signed

Updated
Question: Gibby V Kirk Aged and Signed
Guys, I know that here is ESP forum, but I got some Gibby question here. I just found Aged & Signed one, but the serial number is #51. It's in Japan, authoriaed Gibson Dealer in Japan. As far as I know there is only 50made for this model. Just wonder whats the last serial number for Aged&Signed one? BTW:, The price is insane here in Japan. LOL. Almost 600,000 yen. :hat:hat:hat
frantic77

welcome back!

Media

Hmm, buy it anyway, you can afford it, lol.

ESP 348

Years ago when the aged/relic'd Gibson Hammett V came out I looked at buying one.

Price here in Australia was AU $5000 for the un-signed one and AU $7500 for the signed one.

I picked it up, played it and didn't like it at all. I never liked V's anyway, but I just needed to make sure as I was not going to pay $7500 for the signed one just because of Kirk's signature on the back of it.

They only had the signed one for sale in the shop anyway, AU $7500 thank you very much.

I didn't buy it naturally and I saw it there for sale many times over the years. No one ever bought it.

Well, I haven't been on holidays to this place for 2 years now and I go past the shop for a look and to say hello to the boys and I still see this signed Gibson V is still there for sale.

But the price now is AU $15,000!!! Lol lol lol.

I asked the salesman there that has been there for 15 years what was going on with the price and he told me the boss said the market for these have doubled around the world and that is why he is now asking AU $15,000 for that guitar. Haha

Aussie $15K is approx US $11,500.

Crazy money for that guitar if you ask me.

I know what Big Daddy paid for his and from what I have seen for sale the prices for these guitars hasn't done shit over the last few years but stay steady.

Here are two pics for you to take a look at and enjoy.

Guiguitarz

There are maybe 2 or 3 Prototypes, but I never saw them for sale. They might cost over 10k$, but not 15k$ like this #30, this is a joke... Those days I was able to buy an unsigned for 2,400€ (~$2600) and a signed one for $6,000.

ESP 348

Yep, the owner of this one #30 is obviously a crack head! Lol.

He actually owns some pretty cool guitars which are on the display in his shop in glass front guitar cases, but they are not for sale.

They include a Gibson Slash Sig, Washburn Paul Stanley 'cracked mirror' guitar, Ibanez Joe Satriani "chrome boy" guitar and some others that are not on display they told me.

NRudy

@esp

is not that a 2012 or 2013 kirk hammet gibson hand aged flying V run of either 50 signed  or the not signed one of 100 ?

or is this another run that came out 15 years ago ? or is it kirks acctual on stage played guitar... ? last time i saw kirk use that guitar was a while ago not sure if he retired it but last time i saw him playing it was acctually a youtube video showing some riffs to  some songs on master of puppets...i think not sure when that video was made, i got mine in 2014 new. right at the end of 2013 and the first few week of 2014 if i remember correctly. and i recently got the signed kirk one but wasnt even 4k. was purchased like new with warranty was from a esp dealer , i buy from and hes also a gibson dealer that was in the store a few years. I love the tone and its pretty comfortable if your sitting and of course standing and both guitars are exactly the same except on 1 of them KH signed the headstock. you can realy get a used 1 in mint or its hard to tell as its hand aged by gibson so its hard to see if the light scratches are part of the distressed relic look or someone used it, but 1 i confirmed with gibson was brand new and never used or played and was shipped to them a few months b4 i got it and it was not on display. the other 1 also was never used as it was from an esp and gibson dealer but im not sure in general with hand aged or distressed custom guitars or esp Sigs, if anything is different than how it came... all i can say is usually the fretboard and neck they keep pretty great its always dif on many models fenders and esp vintages or hammett vintage kh-2 relic to newer ones thats also kh-2 vintage to strat like esp's vintage plus limited runs. the thing usually thats fine or to look for would be the fretboard and if it shows signs of use- the 2 ginsons i have show no signs of use i used both very little and the frets were brand new no signs of usage and i liked it. the wood on both was very nice like a very nice piece and frets as well despite it being hand aged and a limited run first both guitars play the same sound the same feel the same, and i happen to dig the EMG H, but i think u can get them on ebay there was a bunch for sale maybe 12-18 maybe 24 months ago although some were priced high and most were from japan... so buyer beware I got mine from 2 stores i purchased many guitars from. 15k that must be either over priced for a run of 50. or it can be maybe a guitar kirk used or a proto any1 know if or when kirk used the guitar live ? if its just a std. number 1-50 new if u can bargain for a good deal you can get it much less and even used lightly for 3-4k.

Guiguitarz

Kirk use his original and the Prototype #1 on stage.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Pushead

does anyone have a list of the top easy 100 metallica shows nate has been to?

is he playing the prototype or the original or number 30 here

ESP 348

How does one manage to go to 100 Metallica shows!!

Nate is an extremely lucky individual to have seen the greatest heavy metal band of all time that many times live in concert.

ESP 348

And that #30 Gibson V is just the standard issue signed guitar Nate, nothing special about it.

The owner is being a little cheeky in regards to his asking price, which is why he still has it for sale.

Breadfan32

The big question is did Kirk get his prototype from one of the top ESP and Gibson dealers?

ESP 348
Breadfan32

I onwed one that wasn't signed and it was the worst sounding guitar ive ever played.  I guess gibson is known to be hit or miss im sure most of them sound good.

Too bad because it look and felt great.

ESP 348

Lol, true eh!

I never played this one through an amp, but I strummed it in the shop when the asking price was $7500 and it didn't seem all that bright so I doubt it would have been a great sounding guitar to play through an amp.

BlackJack21

lol yea Gibson flopped on this signature model, especially when the picture they gave with the guitar, is of Kirk playing a Fernandes (based off the truss rod cover). 

ESP 348

Lol, funny shit.

Post to Thread