Esp kh-3 NTB question

Updated
danloads
Hey guy Ive been offered a kh3 custom shop with the open book head stock and I am unsure about it. Its defently a proper esp but I own a bolt on version which I thought was a 24.5" scale but when I put the neck up against the custom NTB its the same scale which I thought should be 25.5".....so any info on this would be great Dan
ESP 348

Can you measure them properly with a tape measure?

Perhaps you are not sitting them exactly spot on to notice the difference in scale length?

danloads

Ive got KH-2 vintage which 25" and seems abit longer that the kh3 ntb...I cant really measure them as I cant get the to the quitar easily.

ESP 348

Ive got KH-2 vintage which 25" and seems abit longer that the kh3 ntb...I cant really measure them as I cant get the to the quitar easily.

That's a shame, would be nice if you had access to measure them both properly.

I see you're located in Australia. If you don't end up buying that KH3 NTB, let me know as I will take it. ;)

Sorry I can't be of more help. But it sounds like you need it there with you to measure properly man.

Trendkill

There was one on the Japan site last week for 90,000 yen ESP348. I was trying to remember who was looking for one here. Thought it might have been you :D

There was also a JH-1 that sold for 402,000 yen. Signed by the entire band and clear coated in one of the ESP custom houses.

Trendkill

Just checked again, NTB there now for 158,000 yen.

danloads

in theory the kh3 should be the same size as the kh2 vintage yeah?

ESP 348

There was one on the Japan site last week for 90,000 yen ESP348. I was trying to remember who was looking for one here. Thought it might have been you :D

Just checked again, NTB there now for 158,000 yen.

Cheers mate, got a link to it? :)

Same scale, yes. Not sure if you can place them side by side to compare though, won't be accurate enough. It's only an inch in it. :D

Gfunk

No.

Trendkill

PM sent

mihnea

If I had a bit more time, I'd put my KH-2 and KH-3 NTB side by side and take a pic... will try but can't promise as I'm on a very tight schedule...

danloads

If I had a bit more time, I'd put my KH-2 and KH-3 NTB side by side and take a pic... will try but can't promise as I'm on a very tight schedule...

that would be great........it would help heaps :D

guitarsatbmusic

You can get either 24.75" or 25.5" if ordering a CS. They have been a mixture of both depending on who's buying, but now both STD and CS neck-thru versions are spec'd for 25.5"

ESP 348

You can get either 24.75" or 25.5" if ordering a CS. They have been a mixture of both depending on who's buying, but now both STD and CS neck-thru versions are spec'd for 25.5"

Great info. That explains seeing both of them around over the years. :)

**I knew you would come through with the goods. ;)**

guitarsatbmusic

Any time :)
P.S. Road King can suck it

ESP 348

Any time :)
P.S. Road King can suck it

Whom? :o:o

guitarsatbmusic

Road King. Pushead knows what that's about :)

ESP 348

Road King. Pushead knows what that's about :)

Don't worry, I know the lad. :p:p

Post to Thread