JH Elk Skull Explorer

Updated
striker
Hello there Guys and Gals. I am looking to build an Elk Skull Explorer and was woundering if any one would like to post pics and other info on their builds. I am sure I am not the only one that would love to see any pics of this awesome guitar. I am a new member so if I missed a thread of this type I am sorry. Thanks. (No I cant spell either. LOL):)
Pushead

1) Save your money.

2) Buy an MX-II or LTD EXP-200

3) Find someone to paint/apply graphic to the guitar

4) ???

5) Save yourself the pain this thread will no doubt cause.

6) Profit

Trendkill

Rappa666 bought the Mx-250 Elk Skull that was on sale in France last month for 1800 euro. Send him a message and ask him for some detailed pics :)

Only a few will see what I did there 8o

striker

Thanks for your help. I hope I can get this project moving sometime soon.:D

mihnea

Dr, I can't see any hidden text there???

Trendkill

Just reminding people what price it was bought for when it ends up on sale in three months for 4k. :D

:evil

Dark Alone

If he has the tools and know-how, a build would be cheaper than an MX. But not as cheap as an LTD EXP.

striker

My current plan is to purchase a explorer body on ebay from A&D guitar company. Then get a warmoth neck. I am a collector not a seller, so if this project dose come together this will be the only place to see it. Not on ebay.:)

Bas D.

I would higly recommend buying an EXP-200, those are great guitars!! I have one too

Trendkill

That has been sold to Rappa666, the one I mentioned above.

Tox

The Elk skull JH was the first one I really liked

Irontusk73

Does James still have this?

Trendkill

It wasn't an auction, it was a classified, hence why it is still there. I had arranged to buy it over email, but then decided it was a waste of time when I learnt it had Vinyl decal stickers on the frets. So then I posted it up here, to which Rappa followed it up and bought it.

konan

cheers trendkill! u know ur business, I like that!

SweetLeaf

I'd grab an Edwards EXP like this one to work with. You could possibly get away with masking the elk skull and the little bits and spraying it black.

Pushead

I wonder how OP's build is going.

Bas D.

I wonder how OP's build is going.

Yeah, me too

Tondog

Whoa?! His posted pics of the More Beer guitar gave us proof that there was probably more than one of that guitar made to look like each other.

mihnea

No wayyyyyyyyyyyy, seriously? you never mentioned that before, do you still have those pics?

striker

Hello again all. I have the body now and need to get the neck. My question is has anyone purchased a neck from Warmoth with the ESP EXP style headstock? If so is there a way i can call them and order the same headstock with out sending them a copy of one? I just dont like their style explorer headstocks. Thanks again for your help.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread