Decent price for a Hanneman sig?

Updated
Decent price for a Hanneman sig?
Greetings everyone, just something I wanted to ask about. I've had a guitar on hold at GC for over a month now, and as you can tell by the title, it's a Hanneman sig. It's a black one with the eagle inlays and a Kahler, though I'm not sure if it's the hybrid or the 2315 - More likely the hybrid. Anyway, they wanted $1800 for it, but I managed to get them down to $1675 shipped, as I live in Canada. But with the current exchange rate, it will still come to just a little bit over $1700. Not much of a discount, but it's a bit better, anyway. When I went to do the transaction today, the guy informed me that they had just changed the system on him and he couldn't use my credit card over the phone anymore, so I'd have to do a wire transfer. Which was kind of annoying, but at the same time, I'm thinking if this guitar is worth the huge price tag, so it could also be a window of opportunity. There's a guy selling an NV in the next province over for $1600, so I made him an offer on it. I can't really say if the NV is an option though, since he may not be willing to ship. But if I can get it for a good price, it might be more worth it since the specs are nearly the same, minus a tone knob and the SPC control. But that's kind of besides the point, all I want to know right now is if the Hanneman sig is really worth the amount I'm paying. And for anyone who wants to know, it's in mint condition, minus some fingerprints or whatever that can be cleaned off easily, has the original case, all accessories and still has it's certificate of authenticity. And apparently what makes it really cool is that the guy from Guitar Center knows the guy who brought it in and he's friends with Jeff Hanneman, whom he may have received this guitar from! :lol (I wonder how many times GC salesmen have used a line like that before...) Anyway, I know it mostly comes down to "Well is the guitar worth it to YOU?" Well, I do definitely want the guitar, but I don't tend to buy guitars like that without being able to easily make my money back on them if I ever regret the purchase. So I'd like to know if just over $1700 is a reasonable price for one of these and if I'd be hard pressed to sell it myself for that if I ever decided I don't want it as much as I thought I did.
Wyvern Claw

Yup, it's a full ESP. I'm aware of the new prices on them, just wasn't sure how the used market is. Seemed fair to me, just wasn't sure if there was any room for making my money back if I were to sell it myself. Which is VERY unlikely right now anyway. Hm, seems like I should make the deal then. I'll wait a bit for anyone else to chime in though.

Wyvern Claw

Decided to quit waiting around and debating. I just got back from the bank, finished the wire transfer. And because I had to go through such a pain in the ass to get it, I wound up getting the guitar for $1625 shipped.

HAY YAH

cool post up pics when you get it

Wyvern Claw

I'll definitely do that. Should be shipping out tomorrow, but last I checked, GC uses UPS. And good lord to I ever hate them, last time I bought something from GC, UPS delayed it for 5 days, and every time they never actually posted that it was being delayed until the end of the day. but that's 5 days wasted sitting around my house waiting for someone to show up with the damn package. And when they finally did, I happened to be in my bedroom toward the back of the house, so I couldn't hear the door. Not that it mattered, because they never knocked or anything. Just left my guitar sitting on the door step and drove off. Thankfully my sister in law happened to see the box there right as the truck was driving away, so no mishaps there. But damn that was irritating. So I suppose it'll get here whenever they get their shit together and bring it to me, I'll make a post about it then.

dsquared

That is a ridiculous deal, good job pulling the trigger.

Wyvern Claw

Thanks, I'm relieved to hear that. Hanneman sigs don't seem to come up all too often in the used market, and when they do, I never see them sell. So I wasn't quite sure exactly what people would see as a generally good price for one. But judging by the fact that the same store I bought mine from got another one in and are selling it for $1000 more than mine originally was, I'm thinking maybe they didn't know quite what it was worth when they got this first one in and just assumed it was around 3K new like most other ESP signature models. That's just speculation on my part though, considering mine is mint with original case, COA and all that other stuff. So condition wouldn't have been a factor in the price mine was.

cicada71

Great deal looking forward to some pics.

HAY YAH

any pics yet?

Wyvern Claw

Just got it in today, been having a bit of trouble with one of the fine tuners, so I've been trying to sort that out. Guess I'll go take some NGD pictures now though.

DanieLibuy

Just got it in today, been having a bit of trouble with one of the fine tuners, so I've been trying to sort that out. Guess I'll go take some NGD pictures now though.

Yes Haaaahahahaha! We are waiting for'em!

Regards.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread