1990's Skull and Snakes Price, New Questions

Updated
1990's Skull and Snakes Price, New Questions
Hey guy's I've been looking to pick up a used Lynch sig and after talking to my local ESP dealer about finding one yesterday he lets me know today that they have a 1990's ESP Lynch Skulls and Snakes coming in from a collector. It's in mint condition with the case and all. So possibly an early Christmas present to myself ;), I don't know if it's 1st gen with the vintage plus headstock or like the current models (The Limited Edition from the 1991 catalog). What would be a good price range for this guitar, assuming it is mint? PS. I know the original Skulls and Snakes came out around the same time as the SD Screamin Demon Pup, any of our Lynch experts know if these models always had the Screamin Demon or did some the Distortion? Here's hoping NGD next Thursday:hat
Iron Dog

Thanks man, I'm sure cause it's coming in through a store that they are going to be charging more than that, but it's a good starting place.

dinga

Get it or I will!! Yes they came with the Screamin' Demon.

Iron Dog

Yeah, I'm planning on getting it, can't let you hog all the Lynch's, Lol.

dinga

The first run Skulls and Snakes were 2499 in 89. This was at Mainly Music on Granville (Vancouver). They had one. The only one I had seen in Vancouver until I got mine early 2000. I paid 2400 for mine. It was listed at 3000. I would figure around 1500 for a used one unless the shop has no idea what they got. $1500 is what Guitar Center has used ones listed for as well. Less is better of course.

Iron Dog

So would $1200 to $1500 be a fair price. I want to have an idea going in.

Iron Dog

Thanks for all the replies, I'm hoping they aren't going to ask some stupid price, we'll see next week.

Iron Dog

Thanks, I'll have to wait till it comes in next week to find out what they're going to be asking, but if it's in good shape and a good price, then I'll be pulling the trigger. I'll update you guys.

Twinturbonotch

They had a skull and snakes at guitar center.............:hat

I ended up buying that one yesterday. I seen it on guitar centers site before it was mentioned here on the boards. Been wanting to get a real ESP lynch for sometime now, but been contemplating between a kamikaze 1 or the skull and snakes. I already have a GL500K with a duncan distortion and wanted to upgrade.

The GL500K will be up for sale this week in anyone is interested. Its in mint condition with no chips or scratches anywhere. I picked it up earlier this year and it was a new old stock.

Iron Dog

Well I went to the store today and they should have the Skulls and Snakes in tomorrow. They are asking $1'979 for it. I was hoping for lower, but since it's coming through a dealer I was expecting a pretty high price, so it's not totally unexpected.

I saw a used Kami 4 at DCGL for $1'799, so I suppose it's high, but inline. If it's in mint shape as they say it is I'll probably end up getting it, nice to be able to see before I buy.

What's your opinion on the price? A new one would run me $3'100 or so.

Some questions.

- Are the signature series made by the Custom Shop or are they made by the same people that make the standard series?

- Is the graphic on the Skulls and Snakes a decal/sticker? I highly doubt they are all airbrushed.

Thanks

Post to Thread