michael wilton ESP please help

Updated
cecilbag
Hey forum I need the wisdom of the ESP clan. I have an opportunity to get a wilton ESP not an ltd from craigslist locally and wondered if anyone had played one. The one in question has a ding in the treble horn, a ding in one of the skulls and a finish crack in the neck pocket it does come with the original case and coa, bar for floyd, etc. He's asking 1500 but would trade me for one of my les pauls. I don't like the skulls but I like the setup (old school charvel type) hss floyd with maple neck. Has anyone played it I run through mesa dual rec, dc5, spider valve and tiny terror combo depending on project any help would be appreciated. Other guitars m1 custom, mii custom, horizon, mirage deluxe thanks in advance
cecilbag

I went ahead and got the wilton esp today and all I can say is if they didn't have the skull graphic they would sell a ton of these I love the birdseye neck and the guitar has a great feel and more importantly tone the single coil esp pickups sound incredible I'm really happy with it I need to take some pics of all my guitars and post them it will happen this weekend

mbm88

Nice. I think I would prefer it without the skulls too, but looks are only worth so much. I probably wouldn't have gotten a Truckster based on looks until I played one, then I was blown away. Pics?

Big Rich

nicee ...

post pics now !!! and add a glow in the dark shot !!

i would've tried to get him down on the price ive seen them sell for cheaper than 1500 in mint condition ... i like the skulls but its not really a popular guitar cuz of the finish, people are stupid ... those are SICK guitars

1point8t

I've got the LTD version and love it... I can imagine the ESP is that much sweeter with the birdseye neck and better build quality (not that mine sucks in any way). Congrats and get some damn pics up already!

cecilbag

Will do I started taking pics I have some shots of my horizon and m1 custom so far I swear they will be up this weekend your always the guy to go for info I always appreciate it I did notice on the wilton when I switch the 5 way to bridge position its almost like a bypass the tone control is voided does the ltd do this as well I noticed the ltd doesn't have 3 knobs like the esp just curious

load more replies (1 of 1)
Big Rich

yea dude, 1point8 knows EVERYTHING ... hes like the mad professor of ESP/shred guitar history haha

1point8t

Haha what can I say... been in the game a long time and have a sponge of a brain. Lucky me :p

1point8t

Sick man, it's even signed by the man himself. I'm pretty sure this guitar was on guitar center's used website a few months ago, it went from $1999 down to $1299 and before I could jump on that, it was gone. Congrats, nice looking neck on there too.

Big Rich

Sick man, it's even signed by the man himself. I'm pretty sure this guitar was on guitar center's used website a few months ago, it went from $1999 down to $1299 and before I could jump on that, it was gone. Congrats, nice looking neck on there too.
yea it was, i emailed the store for pics and by the time they sent me the pics they sold it a day later .... sucks

im gona try to find the pics

1point8t

I noticed mine doesn't have a whole lot of 'nut' with the JB in the bridge either... it's a very clear sounding guitar with the classic Queensryche 'aunch' to it, but it's not super gainy. A Duncan custom or Distortion would probably wake it up some, but I'm not going to bother swapping it out anytime soon.

And FYI... the ESP Wilton's did not come signed. Someone must have brought that to a meet n greet or something along those lines. Michael's not really keen about signing shit from what I understand because he hates seeing it end up on ebay later on for a profit... can't blame him there. Super nice guy though, I got to hang with him a couple years back after a show and he couldn't have been a cooler, down to earth guy.

Post to Thread