Polish for LTD Truckster (black)

Updated
custangro
Hello All, Just bought a LTD Truckster (the black one) and was wondering what kind of polish you guys used on your LTD/ESP guitars... I have just been using a micro-fiber cloth to "wipe it down" but I am curious to what polish to use on my Truckster... Thanks :) -C
xZYRYABx

car wax all the way....just dont get the "cleaner" types of wax becuase they contain abbrasives...McGuires Caranuba waz is what I use....just be careful, ur axe is gonna be slick as hell afterwards!

Pushead

On a satin finish guitar like the Truckster, I wouldn't use polish at all. Satin finish guitars aren't supposed to be "shiny" (though it happens anyway in the places you touch the most.)

The micro-fiber cloth is your best bet.

custangro

I was wondering about that...yeah since it's a "primer" finish...I guess I didn't want a polish per-se...more like a cleaner...

But I guess I will stick with the "wipe it down with a micro-fiber cloth" approach like I have been...

Thanks for the feedback :)

-C

emg32

I was wondering about that...yeah since it's a "primer" finish...I guess I didn't want a polish per-se...more like a cleaner...

But I guess I will stick with the "wipe it down with a micro-fiber cloth" approach like I have been...

Thanks for the feedback :)

-C

On a matte finish like that you are doing the right thing IMO. A wax or polish doesn't work well with matte finishes. Just use a damp cloth to clean it then dry it off with a dry cloth.

Post to Thread