Truckster or EC1000

Updated
Robert Z.
I will be buying a new guitar to have as my 3rd guitar in the next few days. I have narrowed it down to 2 and have been looking on Ebay. I either want an LTD Truckster or an ec1000. I like the vintage black and purple finishes on the ec. I was wondering if you could tell me which one is better. I have a KH2 Ouija(this years) and a KH2 Bolt On and I'm looking for a 3rd guitar. Yes, I'm a Metallica FanBoy, but I don't care. These are the 2 guitars that I have narrowed down to due to interest and price, so I really am not looking for other suggestions(thanks, though). Please let me know which one you reccomend and why, thanks. Also, if anyone is selling either of these guitars, please let me know and maybe we can work something out.
tyvan

always loved the look of the truckster, there isnt gunna be much diference in either

Luca

One vote for the truckster. If you're a big fanboy, get the truckster. I think there's not so many differanse between those two.

Velt017

EC-1000 VB

ebony boards = the shit

sean106OCD

Regardless fanboy or not, the LTD truckster I had sounded slammin compared to an LTD flat black EC 1000 I had. All depends if you want ebony or rosewood of course.

Robert Z.

I found a good deal on an ec1000 on Ebay, so I bought it. I was only going to get one if I could find it in the vintage black, and I got it for 600 shipped, which I think is a good deal. The guy who is selling the guitar had a Dimarzio D sonic pickup put in the bridge along with the EMG 81 in the neck. Does anyone know about this pickup and if it's any good. I have two guitars with the EMG 81 and 60 combination, so it would be nice to have some variety if it sounds good. He is sending me the original pickup(EMG 60) for the bridge, so I can change it if I don't like the Dimarzio.

metallifuk86

im sellin my ltd truckster- great condition. the thing plays amazing- i got it from sean a few years back. i got the esp version and dont need the ltd anymore, and cant afford to keep it honestly. lemme know where you are and we could work something out. pm for pics too

Papa_Het

im sellin my ltd truckster- great condition. the thing plays amazing- i got it from sean a few years back. i got the esp version and dont need the ltd anymore, and cant afford to keep it honestly. lemme know where you are and we could work something out. pm for pics too
I´m in brazil, and i really want that guitar, pics please?

Ozwepaie

The Truckster ! Hands down, it's 22 fret and EC 1 scale gives a huge tone advantage.
and the 2x toggle positions open up options. i.e. I re-wired the toggle into the LP
location. and added a rotary kill switch, in the w/ the knobs.
The ec 1000 is a 24 fret in a EC II scale guitar. So the neck pickup is way to close
to the bridge. the guitar has zero tone. It's a poor design.

tyvan

I found a good deal on an ec1000 on Ebay, so I bought it. I was only going to get one if I could find it in the vintage black, and I got it for 600 shipped, which I think is a good deal. The guy who is selling the guitar had a Dimarzio D sonic pickup put in the bridge along with the EMG 81 in the neck. Does anyone know about this pickup and if it's any good. I have two guitars with the EMG 81 and 60 combination, so it would be nice to have some variety if it sounds good. He is sending me the original pickup(EMG 60) for the bridge, so I can change it if I don't like the Dimarzio.

The Truckster ! Hands down, it's 22 fret and EC 1 scale gives a huge tone advantage.
and the 2x toggle positions open up options. i.e. I re-wired the toggle into the LP
location. and added a rotary kill switch, in the w/ the knobs.
The ec 1000 is a 24 fret in a EC II scale guitar. So the neck pickup is way to close
to the bridge. the guitar has zero tone. It's a poor design.
um guys pay attention, he already bought a guitar, the d sonic is a good crunchy pickup (at least from the time i tried it in a petrucci guitar) and good for solos i belive

load more replies (2 of 2)
metallifuk86

i read the post, must've skipped over the one that said you bought one already. o wells

Ozwepaie

Opinions never hurt, for other people reading w/ similar questions. I think information
is more valuable than 30 posts of "congratulations, lets see pix".

Robert Z.

Yeah, never thought of that. Oh well, I really appreciate the info even though I seem to have gone against the majority on here. Oh well, if I hate it, I can sell it and get a truckster. I'll probably sell it eventually anyway, cause I'm one of these gotta have this now guys who love something for a little while, then I love something else and have to have that.

Pics will come when I get the guitar.

Ozwepaie

There is a LTD black Truckster at my local Sam Ash w/ a F'n great paint opp.
If you have a Grand ? I'd be happy grap it for you & ship it out ?

Robert Z.

Thanks, but I ended up getting an ec1000. I might not have if I knew about this though. Where is Trooper, Pa. I'm from NE PA, Olyphant, just outside of Scranton.

Ozwepaie

Philly sub. about an hour & 1/2 from you. The Sam Ash is in King of Prussia. If you want
to call. If I were you, I'd return the EC 1000 & get the Truckster.

tyvan

Philly sub. about an hour & 1/2 from you. The Sam Ash is in King of Prussia. If you want
to call. If I were you, I'd return the EC 1000 & get the Truckster.
he already bought the guitar, he made his desicion, leave him alone

load more replies (1 of 1)
singlecoilpickup

he already bought the guitar, he made his desicion, leave him alone

But he also just said he wouldn't have bought the EC1000 if he knew about the Truckster. So I think Ozwepaie was just trying to offer a solution to that.

Robert Z.

Alright, I told you it wouldn't last long. I just bought the Black Truckster that Crowbar4 was selling, so I will be selling the EC1000. I didn't even get it yet. I will probably get them both next week sometime, so maybe I'll play them both and see which one I like more, but if they sound the same, I'm keeping the Black Truckster.
........I think I have a problem.

Crowbar4

Ive owned quite a few EC1000s and think they are great guitars, but the Trucksters are the best LTDs Ive played. Youll enjoy both, good luck with everything. Ill even throw in the Levys M7GG3 3" strap for free just to keep the Hetfield mojo going (and for keeping me from paying ebay fees). Thanks again!

Post to Thread