My JH-3 #024 could go on sale soon..

Updated
guscrown
Hey everyone, A few months ago I sold my JH-2 to a guy I met through eBay. This dude was from South Cali and he picked it up personally, which was great because I didn't pay any eBay and paypal fees. I'm considering selling my JH-3 this time, not for the same reasons as before; this time I want to invest the money in equipment for recording music (MIDI Keyboard, Steve Vai guitar, maybe an Axe-Fx Ultra, etc, etc) What I want to know (since you guys have all the experience), how good idea is to sell this guitar currently? I have no idea what the price is, but since it cost me more than the JH-2, and that one sold for $4,100 US, I'm expecting this one to go above $5,000 US. Anyone can give me their opinion on this scheme of mine?
JaymzFan

:rollin

guscrown

Thanks JaymzFan, that was really interesting.

creativename11

Unless im dead wrong those go more for the 3800-4500 range I thought. But why in the fuck do you want a jem? Every vai-esque guitar I've tried was just so meh.

guscrown

I've had a Jem before and I really enjoy the feel of the guitar. The only reason I bought this back in 99 was because I was a huge Metallica fan.

This guitar is super heavy and I can't really play it.

I'm not interested in a collectors item, I much rather just sit down and play and record my music.

I'm really short on cash and I can't really purchase anything without going into debt, which I want to avoid.

I guess the biggest worry (or concern, or whatever) is what could happen in the future regarding this guitar's price. Will it go up? How high will it go?

Crazyfrase

Pics?

Pushead

I'd definitely clean it up a bit more before trying to list it at $5k.

IMO, people looking to spend that kind of money right now are looking at the Iron Cross or Ouija guitars. The JH-3 might be a bit more rare, but Het didn't play that guitar very long. (although JH-1s go for more than I expect, so what do I know?)

guscrown

Yeah, the guitar will go to a Luthier for a tune-up before selling it to anyone interested.

If I decide to sell it, I would much rather do it in person than going through eBay.

ice7400

Some dude offering me $4k for my JH-3, so you might get the idea.

IMO, just hang on to this guitar, you can get JEM wherever whenever you want, but for JH-3 it's another story.

FYI, I'm collector :lol

:hat:hat:hat

guscrown

Thanks ice7400.

This is basically what my wife is telling me.

I'm not a collector myself, that is why I have little interest in the JH-3.

ice, do you think this guitar will go up in value in the coming years? Say... 10 years?

Crazyfrase

I would say so yes.

It certainly will not drop in value over the years. I can only see these rare metallica sigs going one way.

load more replies (1 of 1)
guscrown

Murdock,

This guitar did not come with a COA. In fact, my JH-2 also didn't come with the COA, I'm thinking the dealer kept them for some odd reason.

A few years ago I requested the COAs from ESP and they sent me the one for the JH-2, but they said they didn't have any left from the JH-3 (At least not signed by James Hetfield). What they did send was a letter signed by someone from ESP saying that my guitar was authentic. I had to show them some pictures and proof of purchase.

If anyone is intererested in buying the guitar and wants to see the letter, I can look for it and scan it for you.

murdock73

Murdock,

This guitar did not come with a COA. In fact, my JH-2 also didn't come with the COA, I'm thinking the dealer kept them for some odd reason.

A few years ago I requested the COAs from ESP and they sent me the one for the JH-2, but they said they didn't have any left from the JH-3 (At least not signed by James Hetfield). What they did send was a letter signed by someone from ESP saying that my guitar was authentic. I had to show them some pictures and proof of purchase.

If anyone is intererested in buying the guitar and wants to see the letter, I can look for it and scan it for you.

....I think ....is hard to sell one ......(in this period) for $ 5.000 without Coa
I think $ 3500/4000 sound good...

good luck man ;)

guscrown

Thanks Frantic77.

But for now I think I've made up my mind. If anyone is interested contact me and we can negotiate.

frantic77

ok i give you 2K:p

guscrown

If by 2K you mean 5K, then lets do it.

frantic77

no,i already have one,i was joking
sorry
btw i paid more than 5K,because i am i stupid fanboy

guscrown

Yeah, don't worry.

I'm waiting for the guy that was looking for one for $5K

guscrown

Thanks dude. Yeah, I guess it is worth a lot, that is why I'm only trying to sell it through here and not putting it up on eBay. I want to do this the safe way.

Red Scuderia

I had 2 JH-3's. Nice guitars and they are worth money. I am not sure about now in this crazy economy. Me thinks most people do not have disposable income for these types of toys.

I would not mind owning another one, but i could not come up with $5k now.

vdubs75

I mean $5K.....come on, not in these days. I know Sean sold some for something around that and maybe another dude here, but I watched Ebay over the last few years and I can't remember a JH-3 selling for more than $4K. The $5K were the absolute peak. Actually, the median is around or below $3K. The JH-2 actually go for a little more most of the time. Don't get me wrong.....I want the JH-3, but not for $5K.

sean106OCD

I mean $5K.....come on, not in these days. I know Sean sold some for something around that and maybe another dude here, but I watched Ebay over the last few years and I can't remember a JH-3 selling for more than $4K. The $5K were the absolute peak. Actually, the median is around or below $3K. The JH-2 actually go for a little more most of the time. Don't get me wrong.....I want the JH-3, but not for $5K.

Yeah back in 2007 I had 2 JH-2's and 2 JH-3's. I did sell them for over 5K BUT with the economy so bad, everything seems to have gone down. Either take a hit, or IMO hold on to it. Ya never know down the road if we ever get out this economy they may go up. But yeah I think a lot are trying to get the IC and new quija's. I know I got a few emails offering to buy the IC.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread