hex-7

Updated
garyjfoster
just played the sig from behemoth at sam ash..its very cool...was selling for a little over a 1000....pretty hot guitar..:evil
Dark Alone

I'm generally not a fan of the current ESP V shape. But that Hex-7 looks pretty badass.

Gfunk

$1k for an LTD?

:\

Dark Alone

Well. That I agree about. Sawlty.

garyjfoster

its got all the best stuff on it...emg's locking intonation bridge..locking tuners..ebony fretboard very comfortable....i was pleasantly happy playing it..plus i love the king v shape....go and try it....i found the action perfect...but that may differ from store to store

Gfunk

I have never played an LTD that IMO was worth one thousand dollars.

load more replies (2 of 2)
garyjfoster

do you think gibsons are worth over a thousand dollars

Weasley

You can't really just generalize to 'gibsons'. Some are worth over 1000, some arent.

Borked Bob

its got all the best stuff on it...emg's locking intonation bridge..locking tuners..ebony fretboard very comfortable....i was pleasantly happy playing it..plus i love the king v shape....go and try it....i found the action perfect...but that may differ from store to store
You what?

Yes I do. Youre comparing LTD's to Gibsons. thats like comparing ESP's to epiphones

Dark Alone

Some are. Some aren't. Les Paul Customs aren't worth $2500-$3000 in my opinion. And if the cost on them comes down, the cost of their entire product line comes down, in theory anyway.

Velt017

I think the standard line gibsons are priced about right. The LTDs are priced pretty well to comparatively to other imports with similar features.

I'd actually go further and say LTDs give you waay more bang for your buck. a $600 LTD is a set neck (sometimes neck through on a few models) with grover tuners, EMGs (Fuck you Bob I like 'em) and an ervana nut (granted, not the best nut in the world, but better than some standard piece of shit). Try finding something with similar features for the price, I bet you can't find as many if you can find any at all.

I've also seen the Nagral sig for under a grand on ebay new.

Dark Alone

I don't dispute that LTDs are great bang for the buck guitars. What I'm saying is that I feel the guitar market in general is overpriced.

Velt017

I don't dispute that LTDs are great bang for the buck guitars. What I'm saying is that I feel the guitar market in general is overpriced.

Oh, I agree whole heartedly. Until I finish lawschool and make enough money to the point that it doesn't matter I will probably never own another new guitar as I would much rather get a used guitar and change it to my liking.

garyjfoster

i agree with dark alone....3800 for a les paul custom....smoke my dick..thats fucking crazy....there is nothing on that guitar worth it.....i find the ltds being worth the money...the esp's i wasnt really impressed with ...as far as the money they are charging....but hey if you like whatever guitar you want and if you have the money...its a matter of opinion...

Dark Alone

It's just the nature of things. They raise the prices on something as long as they can keep getting that price for it. That's the market. Nature of the beast. Sucks for me though, as I'll never spend that kind of money on a guitar. Yet the guitars I really want tend to be in that upper price bracket. Such is life.

garyjfoster

hunt around the used section at guitar center and sam ash...i have found some real gems over the years...ltd george lynch baritone 400 dollars guitar center,,ltd dave mustaine flying v dv8-r $450 guitar center....gibson explorer reissue black with fitted case black interior and outside $800....

Post to Thread