Original Ouija at DCGL

Updated
stuartd
WOW...$5000.00 for an original. Does anyone think that is too much?
JKD

Way too much for a bolt on KH2.....unless it has some history of being played/owned by Kirk, signed with autenticity etc...in that case it's probably cheap ;)

Although....guitar prices have climbed ridiculously over the past few years....LTDs now cost more than I paid for new ESPs.

Llexileon

One could argue that since the new Ouija's are at such a high price point, it might increase the value of the originals - probably the stores trying to cash in on that angle. Really they're totally different animals, the original bolty isn't worth anywhere near that imo. Maybe one of the 6 original neck through models with glow in the dark paint.. they'd fetch $5K perhaps.

Red&Die

Too much IMO, I sold my original Ouija bolt on for like $2800 thru e-bay last years, it's near mint condition...

Leth

Yeah way to much.

The that one I posted the link to on the bay thats up for like £7000 is taking the piss even more.

Crazyfrase

Excellent news for myself who has one of these originals.

I really believe that these will escalate in value over the years. Maybe 5k is a bit too much and fully agree that they are trying to cash in one the outrageous prices of the new ones.

I would question the legitimacy of the COA though. Noe serial number is present and it is the new style COA which would not have come with a 1999 ESP.

This is not a bad thing for collectors though.

R11GJH

I don't know if it is the correct value but it should be the most valuable tallica sig due to it's limited number. I think if it was one of the 5 neck thrus then it would be worth a load more. I know I was offered $6000 for my JH-3 this month and I believe an orginal Ouija is worth more.

Post to Thread