ESP JH-2 #084 "rehab" update (in progress pics)

Updated
TALLICA
You guys remember JH-2 #084? Well here she is exposed, for the world to see! This obviously is a work in progress, but I felt inclined to share some in progress pics with anyone that might be interested. So, without further ado I give you ESP JH-2 #084 REHAB IN PROGRESS! ENJOY!! checking-in to rehab 1579 finish crack 1580 finish crack that continues right into the body. 1582 neck finish cracks (as near as we can figure, previous owner tried to remove the nut. UNSUCCESSFULLY! 1581 1584
Haakenstad

:(

TALLICA

^^What's that for Haak?

load more replies (2 of 2)
Dark Alone

Why those guitars were ever bolt-on is a complete mystery to me.

Sorry about the damage. Good luck in your restoration.

sk3tch3dx

yea you would think the Het woulda opted for NTB ... & welcome back Stan

TALLICA

Holy fuck, what a disaster! :eek:
Are you taking it to a pro to get it fixed or are you doing everything yourself?
That neck joint crack scares me.
Hey Max, just tryin' to do some disaster relief. If there's a way to fuck this guitar up, more than it already is, I'd probably do it! :o So, I'm having a pro do the repairs. As much as I would like to do them myself, unfortunately, I don't have the tools/materials, experience/knowledge or time needed for this one.

It looks like someone raped it :p
Yeah, I know, and it was raped. By previous owners. One could say it's been Broken, Beat & Scarred?

Sorry about the damage. Good luck in your restoration.

Thanks Drew.
Any updates on your Explorer build thread? I've been watching that one intently since it's inception. You guys are doing some incredible work there. Looks like some tedious and at times nerve-racking work. Can't wait to see the finished build! It's gonna be KILLER!

yea you would think the Het woulda opted for NTB ... & welcome back Stan

Thanks! Good to be back!

One would think that the JH-2's name sake is not or probably never has played a bolt-on. Don't the ESP sig ads go something like, "built to the artists exact specifications"?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Gfunk

yea you would think the Het woulda opted for NTB ...

:confused:

NTB = Neck Through Body

load more replies (1 of 1)
sean106OCD

+1 But I think they probably did that at the time as all the ESP EXP's at the time when available in t he USA were bolt-on. Or the old Hetfield ego, of not having the exact same guitar thingy. Regardless, I recall that thing sounded killer when I had some.

Good luck with the restoration man

TALLICA

+1 But I think they probably did that at the time as all the ESP EXP's at the time when available in t he USA were bolt-on. Or the old Hetfield ego, of not having the exact same guitar thingy. Regardless, I recall that thing sounded killer when I had some.

Good luck with the restoration man

Thanks!

frantic77

good luck dude

blistered earth

i didnt know that the jh2 was a bolt on

TALLICA

Released from Rehab!!!

Here she is: just got out yesterday. Still trying to adjust to the twelve-step method. :lol

Hope anyone who's interested can see the very nice work that was done on her while in rehab. It took a little longer but IMO it was well worth the wait!

I spent most of last night and most of today getting reacquainted with her. She fits real nice. Nice thick tone especially when she's sportin' EB STHB's.

The reacquisition of this Explorer has made me realize that I am an Explorer type of guy. That being said, The Truckster and Zemaitis that I have in those albums will likely be on the auctioning block in the near future. Fell free to take a look at those as well. I'll probably throw them on the spam thread sometime towards the end of the month.

BroKV

Looks great.

OBSERVER

I miss the 90's, when we could buy these.

Post to Thread