Does anyone actually own a White Ouija?????

Updated
Does anyone actually own a White Ouija?????
I was just curious if anyone has actually purchased a 9k white Ouija??
ESP 348

I haven't noticed in the past that the pickups are a little more white than the body, but I just looked at mine and realized that you are correct. :(

And it's a little disappointing too as it's only going to get 'worse' over time. Might have to pay someone to paint the EMGs, text and PUP rings one day in the same colour as the yellow-ish body.

The KH2-SE is a nice axe. Not as nice as the top KH guitars, but overall a very nice guitar. The asking price for those at the moment is crazy for what you get IMO. Still a very nice guitar to have in the collection though.

Yeah man, I hope ESP doesn't release a new KH Sig at NAMM 2017 as I don't feel like spending $10K+ on another guitar.

Road King

The white Ouija is the coolest. If the KH-30 ends up being $10K, I am going to buy another Potbelly instead. Wish the KH-DC was a Potbelly.

ESP 348

White Ouija is awesome RK, that's for sure.

I hope they make the KH-30 as I would love to see it.

But I also hope they don't make the KH-30 because it will cost me a lot of money.

Have you seen these two ESP guitars for sale RK? I think they are pretty cool and a pretty good price considering you get both of them.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ESP-Catalog-Guitar-Set-Mosiac-Horizon-and-Potbelly-MUST-SEE-/122281149129?hash=item1c788642c9:g:iCYAAOSwAuZX2jkt

Road King
ESP 348 wrote:

White Ouija is awesome RK, that's for sure.

I hope they make the KH-30 as I would love to see it.

But I also hope they don't make the KH-30 because it will cost me a lot of money.

Have you seen these two ESP guitars for sale RK? I think they are pretty cool and a pretty good price considering you get both of them.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ESP-Catalog-Guitar-Set-Mosiac-Horizon-and-Potbelly-MUST-SEE-/122281149129?hash=item1c788642c9:g:iCYAAOSwAuZX2jk

Yep, I saw those. Not a fan of that finish or the prices.

lanie a.

have a good day!

ESP 348

That's no worries RK, take care and enjoy.

ESP 348

Hope you're having a good day also Lanie.

ESP 348

Far out! WOW!!

What an awesome guitar, it actually looks like it needs a good clean!

Asking AU $12K for a guitar and it looks like shit in these pictures lol.

Amazing guitar none the less. I didn't know they made that many prototypes. Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing RK.

Road King

Yeah, I thought it was fake at first. The fingerboard seems very dry and I was like WTF when I saw even the neck is like two pieces of wood. But it's a prototype, very cool.

ESP 348

Yeah man.

NRudy

Does anyone know what number kirk hammett uses for the 2009 limited runs of the black and white ouija guitars ? I wonder if he has them get him number #13 like the kh-20? looking for a white kh-2 ntb i cant seem to nail down the white all hardware as the custom floyd wont match unless i have them sent to a artist or custom airbrush guy i used a few times-  the best I did so far is a kh-2 custom shop NTB and had the body and back / headstock all airbrushed by a top artist snow white.. blk hardware. Also looking for the last ouija run of 2009 the natural quilt finish i have 2 of the black new 2009 and 1 of the white.  all new in the cases all times and 3/4 preordered another new was in store 2 days basically all 5 top KH guitars 4/5 pre ordered top esp dealer- 1 99 blk original ouija blk  2 blk 2009 1 white 2009 run  and kh-20 plus those pre ordered- the 99 ouija purchased brand new ... 10 years on the 20 looking at  the case its been out of the case 1 time for some photos- 20 years kh-2 original ouija in my NJ studio- new condition never used i couldnt look at it everyday id go crazy thinking of playing 1 of them... but i always say i held out this long it prob doesnt make much dif in price plus in this economy im not selling it ill wait 20 years and sell them for hopefully 25k each... or ,my kids will lol-

the best KH guitar i love now and play is the 2015 and 2016 kh-2 vintage (original relic lost its value with the vintage still available imo) mines new .. the relic i only use KH guitars i have at least really 1 of usually 3 or more then i use 1.

any1 have the original 1999 ouija and the kh-20 and white ouija and blk ouija ?mine are new never used all preordered whats crazy is the msrp is 4x more from the 90s KH guitars or late 90s to 2005 than the 2007 boom 10k ?> msrp that was a big jump... and at the worst time right b4 2008, and the worlds economy is crap!

with esp usa and EII why not make JH and KH runs ?not the last 3 esp/ltd i saw kirk use those were terrible imo, 1 lookedl ike JH took a silver sharpie b4 the late night show they were just on, and did his JH autograph all over the body!.. I did not like it - and I did not hear anything about the KH-30, also wonder if i could buy the ouija thats natural quilt or those were only for kirk .. ? i think he has 2 1 maple board 1 ebony... not sure- If esp wasnts to charge 10k plus make 10 or 12 not 60!  make it really limited for the fans that pre ordered it new... im just frustrated because im an idiot and in 10 years i never played them and i expected them to go up i mean they are brand new, never used. I only use the KH-2 vintage which is amazing 2015 and 2016. I cant imagine the SE, kh20 and ouija being better -....i did play them each when they came in 5-10 min each 10 years ago and 20 years ago give or take i think if anything the 20 and it could be phsychological might be a tad better but even the vintage now has a 8k msrp- what happened to the late 90s -2006 KH guitars costing me $1200 or less even! why!??? in 2004 I purchased from sam ash with overnight shipping and tax like total rip off i needed it the next day for a wedding gift $1781 delivered to NYC thats with 9% or so tax overnight fedex delivery with OHSC and some extras,,, now dealer cost is just about that on the kh-2 bolt on do they know the world is in a recession ? or is the Japan markets thriving ??? that much... i mean I sold 3 of my kh-3 3 of my 90s kh-2 that were dinged up used and were not taken care of as a youngster once I had 3 kids got married i kept them all in the OHSC and played maybe a few and started a nice collection...

Rule number 1- dont touch daddys guitar cases Kids..!!! forget it they touced the guitars!

rule number 2- no going in the street!

I dont get it whats going on with kirk and ESP and why ESP has gone from the top Kh guitar in 2006 being MSRP maybe 4-5k to 10k.. and its not kh-20 if there are 41 the dealer said 20 made i dont like the whole EII i need my guitars to say ESP for the price... and anyways I cant get started on kirks last 4 esp/ltd's im not happy! the timing sucks crazy prices when in the past 3 years the worlds economy went down everyhwere forget 2008 in the USA... I get 25-30%+++ off using a us dollar on anything from most countries UK, Europe, Canada, Australia... etc..

Nate

ps: why wont the KHDC sell i have the BC and the stblk i only know 1 other person with a stblk!!!  mever saw another 1 but mine and his! and 3k for a new dc or 2k for the new BC khdc ? why arent they doing well the msrp is almost 9k and until 2016 or maybe still they were made in Kiso,, my blk DC was made in "S" i got it from a endorsed esp artist that got it for free for $900 cash with the case in SF, brand new  checked him out and the letter it came with its ligit... he was endorising ESP guitars in south america, in brazil.

Sephiroth
NRudy wrote:

make it really limited for the fans that pre ordered it new...

Not sure how making them really limited "for the fans" is a good idea or really about the fans? Wouldn't a good idea be to make as many as possible for all the fans? If it's "for the fans" you would think the more availble the better right?

Isn't making only a limited 10 or 12, not really about the fans at all, but the investors who pay for it first, and then sell at a profit afterwards? not sure I see how thats about the fans...

"looking for a white kh-2 ntb i cant seem to nail down the white all hardware as the custom floyd wont match unless i have them sent to a artist or custom airbrush guy"

Contact your esp dealer and ask the custom shop to make it? If white hardware is not available then you already have the only solution, sending it to your guy to do an aftermarket job. a quick search on http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/parts shows nothing in white so it looks like an aftermarket job is the only way if the ESP custom shop won't do it with the rest of the guitar.

On the topic of white ouijas, has yours started to turn off white compared to the white painted pick ups yet?

Pushead

Guitars are terrible investments. Find a decent mutual fund manager if you're looking to take money and put it into something that makes money.

Sephiroth

I've never bought a guitar as an investment and don't intend to start now.

Pushead
Sephiroth wrote:

I've never bought a guitar as an investment and don't intend to start now.

Yeah, they're instruments, not bank accounts.  Even the "desireable" vintage guitars from the 50s and 60s have been going down in price.  The people who found the value in those instruments are either finding less cash available for that type of spending, or they're dying off.

ESP 348

Nate, you got a brand new black ESP KH DC for $900 from an ESP endorsed artist in San Fran? That was endorsing ESP guitars in South America, Brazil?

Interesting story man. Hoping you and your family had a wondeful Xmas and New Years.

Sephiroth

http://www.espguitars.com/photos/2040080

ESP custom shop have done the white KH-2,all you can do is ask through your ESP dealer and see if you can get them to paint the hardware white, I assume they will do anything for the right amount of money. If not, as you have already said get your friend to do it afterwards. Good luck.

ESP 348

A white KH2 with powdercoated hardware in white would look cool.

Post to Thread