KH2 Serial number question!

Updated
Deadringer
Hi, I'm looking into buying a second hand KH2 and was wondering if I can find out more information about it such as age etc from the serial number? I've seen other post about this and the serial numbers mentioned all start with a "K-" whereas the number on the guitar I'm interested in doesn't have any letters its just 38855 on the neck plate. Does this mean its not genuine? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pushead

The serial number would be on the back of the headstock.

There are other older M-II guitars with the KH-2 style skull inlays that aren't officially sigs. They were from 92-93 and considered M-II Deluxe models. These did not have K serial numbers.

Deadringer

The serial number would be on the back of the headstock.

There are other older M-II guitars with the KH-2 style skull inlays that aren't officially sigs. They were from 92-93 and considered M-II Deluxe models. These did not have K serial numbers.

Theres nothing on the back of the headstock except the ESP custom shop stamp. I think its about 8 or 9 years old and has all the markings of a KH2 skull & crossbone inlays and KH signiture on the headstock.

Heres a picture I took of it

Deadringer

No they definitly come bolt on aswell. This guitar was bought new straight from an ESP dealer, I've been told, He also has a certificate of authenticity so it all seems genuine enough, was just curious seens how most other serial numbers I come across start with a "K"

Metlupass2

Phil I'm not to sure those are considered MII Deluxes. Aren't they just custom shops? The inlays, headstock custom logo, and extra knob are are custom.

Pushead

Phil I'm not to sure those are considered MII Deluxes. Aren't they just custom shops? The inlays, headstock custom logo, and extra knob are are custom.

Shinji (I believe) posted an ad from a magazine a while back that showed the M-II line, and a guitar that looks like mine named "M-II Deluxe". I'm not sure back then there was a "custom shop" designation, as every guitar got a "ESP Custom Guitars" circle logo. They had to be sold with the idea that everyone would think it's a Kirk sig.

I thought I saved the images, but I can't find them. :(

load more replies (1 of 1)
Big Rich

hey i can have my pick of two of those older kirk models with the esp custom on the headstock ther both kinda beat up but nothin bad how much do you think they would go for in used condition with some light scratches and dings on the body....do you think its somwhat of a collectors esp?

Metlupass2

hey i can have my pick of two of those older kirk models with the esp custom on the headstock ther both kinda beat up but nothin bad how much do you think they would go for in used condition with some light scratches and dings on the body....do you think its somwhat of a collectors esp?

Not collectors just pre SS series KH2s. If they're beat up I'd say 700-800...just depends how beat up they are.

Post to Thread