LTD Quija VS NT KH signature

Updated
Fixxer6671
Hoping someone here can help me out. I played the LTD the other day and was a pretty nice guitar, actually blew me away. I never played a neck thru ESP KH signature, but for those that have, what is the increase in "performance" or is there a difference in neck profile etc?8o The woods appear to be the same in the specs.... ESP Version - KH-2 OUIJA BLACK Neck-Thru-Body 25.5” Scale Alder Body Maple Neck Ebony Fingerboard Locking Nut 42mm Neck Width Extra Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Black Hardware Gotoh Tuners Floyd Rose Original Bridge EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active p.u. Finish: BLK w/ Ouija Graphic LTD Version - KH-OUIJA Neck-Thru-Body 25.5” Scale Alder Body Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard Locking Nut 42mm Neck Width Extra Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Black Hardware ESP Tuners Floyd Rose 1000 Series Bridge EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active p.u. Finish: BLK w/ Ouija Graphic ESP KH-2 NTB Neck-Thru-Body 25.5” Scale Alder Body Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard Locking Nut 42mm Neck Width Extra Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Black Hardware Gotoh Tuners Floyd Rose Original Bridge EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active p.u. Finish: BLK Thanks in advance! FixXxer!!!!!!!
diadorastriker

The use mystic woods for the ESPs.

Fixxer6671

Are they one piece, multi piece etc.......

I am guessing there is gold en dem there woods too.... but seriously, do you know?

On paper it looks to be the same specs as the KH-2 NTB

Fordman65

Are they one piece, multi piece etc.......

I am guessing there is gold en dem there woods too.... but seriously, do you know?

On paper it looks to be the same specs as the KH-2 NTB

Same guitar. Absolutely no difference at all.

All you are doing is paying the extra 5k for the letters ESP instead of LTD.

Teh mystic woodz are overrated.

creativename11

Basically ESP is top of the line over the the top spining top.
Where as LTD is a solid great build for way less but is very human where as ESPs are godlike. That and if you wanted to sell it down the road you would probably get more. :lol

MV-CTM

the necks are a lot nicer on ESPs if you don't notice anything else you'll probably notice that. In regards to the Ouija guitars...way too expensive, ESP M-II is $1400 same price as the LTD

Pushead

Spec-wise they're the same. The difference in price between the guitars are the time spent in the construction and the attention to detail.

The necks are one piece of maple on the ESPs, I'm not sure about the LTD.

emg32

Spec-wise they're the same. The difference in price between the guitars are the time spent in the construction and the attention to detail.

+1. The wood quality is a big factor also between the Ltd.'s and ESP's. ESP's best grades of wood go for the ESP Standards and Custom Shops. Everything that isn't up to grade goes to the mass produced Ltd.'s. Same for Gibson/Epiphone, Fender/Squier, etc.......

Basing a guitar purchase just on specs can be highly misleading.

Gwedo

I had a Grass Roots ESP Explorer and now have the ESP Custom Explorer and the ESP has a better neck and a much crisper and bigger sound.

Basically i think the wood used in the ESPs are much higher quality.

rrrcustom

" The wood quality is a big factor also between the Ltd.'s and ESP's. ESP's best grades of wood go for the ESP Standards and Custom Shops. Everything that isn't up to grade goes to the mass produced Ltd.'s. Same for Gibson/Epiphone, Fender/Squier, etc......."

Not sure how this works for ESP/Ltd, but this is not a true statement for Gibson/Epiphone, and I suspect not true for ESP either. The woods used on Epiphones are completely different type and quality than Gibson. Gibson Custom Shop gets to pick the best woods for their guitars then Gibson USA uses the heavier/uglier pieces. Pretty sure this is the same for ESP with their CS vs. Standard models (although the varience in wood between those two lines seems to be less.)

In Epiphone and Ltd guitars, I've noticed the cheaper woods (alder, maple, basswood) seems to all be fairly good quality. You notice the difference with the expensive tonewoods (mahogany, rosewood, ebony) obviously figured maple is all veneer in the low end lines.

load more replies (1 of 1)
khmetallica

Hey You Guys U Are Like Comparing From "dad"to His "son"
First "dad" Is Better Than His "son"
But Later On
"maybe "son" Is Way Better To His "dad"
Esp Are Better Than Ltd
But 'some' Ltd Is Better Than "esp"

rrrcustom

Ummmmm, no Ltd is better than ESP.

load more replies (1 of 1)
nabeel

Just got a KH-2, and compared to my LTD Ouija...

The KH2 is noticeably lighter. The neck is also thinner. Its so smoooooothhh. The KH2 sounds real deep too. Though I'm probably going to swap the neck pickup for a emg 60. Build quality is also much better, with the small things, hard to explain, but just you can tell having them in hand.

khmetallica

Ok Guys Shut Your Mouth Fucker...
Ive Finally Got My Kh-2 Nt From Ebay

Ive Compare It With My Kh-602 Vs My Kh-2 Nt
Same Neck Thru

The Only Difference Is Feel Of The Wood Kh2 Lighter Thinner Neck
kh 602 have painted neck and kh2 nt smooth neck
the most diferent of all is the price range and the name on it ESP and LTD
almost the same sound....

"but" It Really Sounds Almost "the Same"
I Repeat It Realy Sound "almost The Same"
Ltd Guitar Rock And Worth
Esp Guitar Expensive..
You Are Like Comparing With A "twin" With A Different Name..

Fordman65

Ok Guys Shut Your Mouth Fucker...
Ive Finally Got My Kh-2 Nt From Ebay

Ive Compare It With My Kh-602 Vs My Kh-2 Nt
Same Neck Thru

The Only Difference Is Feel Of The Wood Kh2 Lighter Thinner Neck
kh 602 have painted neck and kh2 nt smooth neck
the most diferent of all is the price range and the name on it ESP and LTD
almost the same sound....

"but" It Really Sounds Almost "the Same"
I Repeat It Realy Sound "almost The Same"
Ltd Guitar Rock And Worth
Esp Guitar Expensive..
You Are Like Comparing With A "twin" With A Different Name..

You are clueless.

BroKV

This is getting good.

creativename11

Pics for proof or fuck off and die?

astro2069

Some kids really have no idea. Gotta love youthful inexperience. If I could just be a little bit younger again and know everything there is to know... I'd at least feel a whole lot better than knowing that I don't know it all! :p

Post to Thread