JH-2 questions....

Updated
TALLICA
Is there anyone out there... specifically on the east coast or the south that owns a JH-2? I just recently purchased #084 and it came from NJ and the saddles on the bridge and intonation screws on the bridge have a fair amount of rust on them. Any input at all would be welcomed. Anyone with any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Muchas Gracias!!! :D
Fordman65

Is there anyone out there... specifically on the east coast or the south that owns a JH-2? I just recently purchased #084 and it came from NJ and the saddles on the bridge and intonation screws on the bridge have a fair amount of rust on them. Any input at all would be welcomed. Anyone with any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Muchas Gracias!!! :D

What are you asking? How to get rid of the rust? Thats a very common thing to have happen especially if the person playing it sweats a lot. Has nothing to do with being a JH2.

:confused:

TALLICA

What are you asking? How to get rid of the rust? Thats a very common thing to have happen especially if the person playing it sweats a lot. Has nothing to do with being a JH2.

Hey Fordy, I know that it's a common problem and I know how to get rid of the rust or replace the rusted parts The thing is, this guitar was reportedly hardly ever played. I sweat profusely, especially from my hands and I have a 97 ESP EXP (that I bought new) which is very similar to the JH-2 except for the diamond plating on the body and mine does not have one bit of rust anywhere on the guitar. In particular on the intonation screws and saddles on the bridge. I'm just a little miffed that I was sold this guitar on the bay and was not informed of any rust on the guitar. I know it's a fairly inexpensive fix. I am just having a hard time getting over the seller not disclosing this information. If I were selling something on the bay and it had faults, I would be sure to clearly state those faults as to not attempt to mislead potential buyers.

load more replies (1 of 1)
metallifuk86

hey boi- if the problems are that bad, return the guitar..you're covered thru paypal (assuming you paid thru them)...you're spending an assload of money on a guitar it better be good, limited edition or not. you could also ask the guy for some $$ back becuase it was not listed in the same conidition as you got it. take plenty of pics. if theres paint damage, i'd send it back. rust is not the biggest problem ever as it can be cleaned off or replaced. just my .02 man. good luck

sk3tch3dx

sometimes shipping across country can mess with a guitar (idk how close you are to Jersey)..... one quick yank on the truss rod n it was good to go, california to canada, i think EXPCustom sold me my V and it couldn't be better ... top seller (if he did) .... also on the rust, none of mine have rusted out but my buddys KH-2 has rusted real bad, and it 75% of the time stays in the case. humidity maybe ? idk

emg32

sometimes shipping across country can mess with a guitar (idk how close you are to Jersey)..... one quick yank on the truss rod n it was good to go, california to canada, i think EXPCustom sold me my V and it couldn't be better ... top seller (if he did) .... also on the rust, none of mine have rusted out but my buddys KH-2 has rusted real bad, and it 75% of the time stays in the case. humidity maybe ? idk

I think the rust is probably due to humidity also. The guy probably kept it in it's case most of the time. If it wasn't kept in a great climate that was controlled most of the time then the humidity and climate changes would cause the rust to be worse than normal.

It does suck that the seller didn't tell you about the rust but there isn't much you can do about it unless you want to try to get your money back and return the guitar. Personally I would either just try to remove the rust or replace the parts. It wouldn't hurt to contact the seller and tell him about your displeasue but I doubt he will do anything to help.

BroKV

Contact the seller and get a partial refund (maybe enough to replace the hardware).

Gfunk

I don't get it.

Why start a thread here when you can contact the seller direct?

Dark Alone

I still don't understand the point of this thread.

Tallica BOI

This thread never had a chance Funkster.

metallifuk86

i have to agree with fordy...steve has done a lot of transactions on here and i've personally dealt with him and he was A+ so he knows his stuff... so that is def. a lesson for you in the future as well as anyone else that reads this and learns something. how did you pay boi? cash? credit? check? if its credit, you have recourse with your company and they'll try to get the funds back. if it was paypal and not ebay you have recourse as well...do a bit of research and you should be able to resolve this. you mind telling us how much you paid for the thing and how far away you are from the seller?

metallifuk86

damn boi---and we don't know your real name!!!
you definitely make some pretty good points.. there are tons of things wrong with the guitar and for that price its almost criminal! i cannot see you wanting to keep it with everything wrong and the $$ you put into it without a lot of recourse.
i know when i got my ESP truckster the inlays were coming up and the guy said it was shipment and i went back n forth n it was only $75 to get it fixed and he finally made good, but its nowhere near the condition that the jh-2 is in...as a guitaraholic and musician as well as a metallica fanboi, i feel your pain man.

trevor-

TALLICA

damn boi---and we don't know your real name!!!
you definitely make some pretty good points.. there are tons of things wrong with the guitar and for that price its almost criminal! i cannot see you wanting to keep it with everything wrong and the $$ you put into it without a lot of recourse.
i know when i got my ESP truckster the inlays were coming up and the guy said it was shipment and i went back n forth n it was only $75 to get it fixed and he finally made good, but its nowhere near the condition that the jh-2 is in...as a guitaraholic and musician as well as a metallica fanboi, i feel your pain man.

trevor-

Thanks for your input Trevor and thanks for feelin' my pain!

"Criminal" is a nice choice of words. Based on how this whole transaction has gone and the fact that this seller said, "I'll mail you all of the forms and data, Tuesday (5/19/09), that you need to open a claim with the USPS" and I have yet to receive anything in the mail. I would prefer to hold on to this guitar as I have invested a significant amount of money and time in it already and even though I have only had it for two weeks and not been able to play it yet, I have grown quite attached to it. If the USPS decides to help out with the repairs that would be great. If they don't, I still will have it repaired.

You and I have had the Truckster conversation in the past. I would not have known that the frets on my ESP Truckster were loose, had I not taken it in to be setup. I was aware that the inlay on the first fret was a little loose but did not indicate that to the guy that set it up. He just figured it out while setting up the guitar. By the way, I bought my ESP Truckster brand new, and it still had the issues I just described. The setup wasn't cheap, but I really love playing that Truckster now.

BTW, my real name is Stan.

Thanks again for your input Trevor. It is appreciated.

Stan

metallifuk86

no prob stan...the high majority of people on here can be civil as you have noticed..some can be tools but most are a wealth of information that have been invaluable in a lot of regards. i really do hope it all works out and we're all expecting updated family pics on here

frantic77

Sean,i don't remember his name

Metfuk,the jackplate is not made of plastic on mine.

Metfuk

Sean,i don't remember his name

Metfuk,the jackplate is not made of plastic on mine.

Hmm.
It sure looks like plastic on Stan's guitar. The crack/damage is typical for plastic jack plates. Maybe not all JH2's had the same specs? Or maybe Stan's JH2 is fake?

metallifuk86

also as i'm sure you're aware, once you re-finish it, it's only going to be personally valuable, not valuable in a re-sale sense...even damaged, it will sell for more in original condition than restored or repaired..which will, unfortunately, not be that high

TALLICA

also as i'm sure you're aware, once you re-finish it, it's only going to be personally valuable, not valuable in a re-sale sense...even damaged, it will sell for more in original condition than restored or repaired..which will, unfortunately, not be that high

Yeah Trev,

I have thought about that, but typically when I buy a guitar it becomes a part of me and my life. So reselling Aunt Jemimah wouldn't be an option for me anyway. No matter what price she may or may not command, really is of no concern to me. As long as I like the appearance of it and enjoy playing it and it has no regular issues. I am happy with it.

Stan

metallifuk86

It sounds like this seller is capable of anything, so I thought it might be possible that this is an EXP with sharp concepts plate added to the top and some Sperzels added. But for now, I think it's not the case.

i think its a real jh-2..but if you are restringing it or it goes to get fixed n u take off the diamondplate, you could see if there's holes for the pickup rings.. if there are then its an exp..if not, jh-2

TALLICA

i think its a real jh-2..but if you are restringing it or it goes to get fixed n u take off the diamondplate, you could see if there's holes for the pickup rings.. if there are then its an exp..if not, jh-2

OK, quick tech question. I have all of the screws holding the diamond plating in place removed now. How do I remove the pickup height adjustment screws without fuckin' shit up even more?

Go easy on me guys, I haven't had issues such as this with a guitar since my first guitar which was a Fender Lead II.

Metlupass2

Fucked up situation......I still can't get over the winning price! US $6,298.98

Metlupass2

I'd bang the shit out of that bitch!

FYI that seller you got it from has another ebay account that he buys all his guitar from then flips it under the name you got it from. I noticed that he was selling an ESP KKV that had just been up for over $1,000 then he bought it for. I then compared all of the other names purchases to his for sale items and they all matched and all were listed or sold for lots more than he paid.

Metlupass2

I highly doubt that would piss the seller off. He probably had that guitar a few weeks at most before he sold it to you for a ridiculous amount

Metlupass2

I don't remember his other user name. The only thing you could do is contact Ebay and paypal and try to get your money back. Have you been in contact with the seller about all this shit?

TALLICA

I don't remember his other user name. The only thing you could do is contact Ebay and paypal and try to get your money back. Have you been in contact with the seller about all this shit?

Yeah I've talked to the seller about all of this shit. He doesn't seem to want to budge on any of it. He keeps sticking to his original plot which is, it all happened in shipping see if you can get the USPS to reimburse you. I'm tellin' you this guy is an evil mother fucker. He hasn't come close to offering a total refund. If I don't receive some forms and data from this guy in the next couple of days to file a claim with the USPS, I will contact ebay and paypal. Not only for reimbursement but to let them know what kind of a shitty and deceitful business person ( I shouldn't even call him a business person) they have doing business via their internet sites.

Post to Thread