Duncan SH-12 vs TB-12

Updated
yzfr6i
I just noticed the other day that the bridge pickup in my s/b tiger looked different that the ones in my other Lynch signatures. I looked on the build sheet and it said it has a TB-12 in the bridge. What is the difference between the SH and TB? Duncans website shows both model numbers as being sreamin' demons. It seems like the TB has a much higher output and has a higher tone.
Chris Bozzo

The only difference is the TB-12 is for guitars with tremolos (TB stands for trembucker) because the string spacing is slightly wider. The SH-12 is standard spacing for non-tremolo guitars. Other than that they are the exact same pickup, same output, etc.

Toni M.

I am looking at buying the SH12 but the TB12 is the "current recomended pickup" , but as the SH12 was the pickup in the Haji Lynch guitar and similiar, one questions if it was good enough then with Floyd Rose etc, is it really that necessary to buy the TB12 ? I read that the difference is very subtle but it is dimensionally larger ie. the routing hole will have to be bigger. In my case this may need extra luthier work and I not sure which to opt for. My point was the fact the SH12 is the original model and was obviously good enough for George Lynch and S.Duncan to run with that design. The tremelo is not a recent arrival ... strange they didn´t take account of string spacing back then....any thoughts welcome .

Cheers Toni 

Post to Thread