Ltd Gl-200mt

Updated
MRE200
Has anyone played it yet? How does it compare to a Fender taco strat? If anyone has played the old Sam Ash one too, a comparison would be nice! How does it sound? Sharing any first hand experiences will help me a lot, thanks!
1point8t

They still aren't out yet... ETA is late April. I ordered one back in January and the delivery date keeps getting pushed back. I doubt it compares much to the GL600MT or the Sam Ash ones.... keep in mind this is a 200 series instrument. Cheaper hardware, pickups, paintwork, overall fit/finish. While I'm sure its going to be a decent guitar, it probably won't touch the higher end LTD Lynch axes.

MRE200

True about it being a 200, but this time around ESP actually tried to make it like the M-1. The Sam Ash ones were an M body style, so they had "sharp edges" (lol, best way to put it), instead of the curved edges of the M-1. Also this time It's got the George Lynch neck profile!

1point8t

Yea I wasn't a big fan of the Sam Ash ones... like you said, the body profile was the same as the Kamikaze, kind of a retarded M shape. If this neck is anything like the one on the GL256 I had, I will be in heaven.

Curt Daddy

I've been looking into these myself. I'd probably replace the tremolo with an OFR. and of course swap out the pup.

BenoA

Subscribing to the thread! :D

Post to Thread