Is it ok to post pictures of the new KH/JH ESPs???

Updated
Is it ok to post pictures of the new KH/JH ESPs???
I was just wondering. I found pictures and a pretty cool ESP 2009 release list on the web, but I don't want to get banned. Do I get a green light?
matt b.

Wheres the pics??????

vdubs75

Didn't know that and I actually don't have the time to browse through every single post here. Thought was a cool info. OK....what the hell....I believe you know the white Ouija already. The ESP Iron Cross does not seem to have a lot of wear.

load more replies (2 of 2)
guitarsatbmusic

They're both fakes, very BAD fakes, many parts wrong

vdubs75

What parts?

TheJudasKiss

Lol. They're both obvious fake.

And the Iron Cross won't look anything remotely like that lol. What the fuck are up with the inlays? And it will have no wear. And everything on the body is just fucked up plus the ESP logo won't be like that :)

boogiejh3

God, those are awful. Yuck.

-Phil

truckster

Damn, guys, I do have pics of the Iron Cross and both Ouija's but can't post them untill the NAMM ((( And due to USA market, Iron Cross will be limited to... 110 pieces, not 100. Iron Cross will be shipped to the dealer in the middle of the June 'cause distressing of the metal parts (like ESP logo etc.) will be done by USA guy, friend of James. So all of the guitars will be shipped to states then back to japan then to the distributors all over the world.

TheJudasKiss

Damn, guys, I do have pics of the Iron Cross and both Ouija's but can't post them untill the NAMM ((( And due to USA market, Iron Cross will be limited to... 110 pieces, not 100. Iron Cross will be shipped to the dealer in the middle of the June 'cause distressing of the metal parts (like ESP logo etc.) will be done by USA guy, friend of James. So all of the guitars will be shipped to states then back to japan then to the distributors all over the world.

jibe

Iron Cross will be shipped to the dealer in the middle of the June 'cause distressing of the metal parts (like ESP logo etc.) will be done by USA guy, friend of James. So all of the guitars will be shipped to states then back to japan then to the distributors all over the world.

I'm a bit sceptical about this...
I won't argue with where you got the info and how reliable it is, but to me it just sound so dumb... Why would they build all the guitars and then send them all to the US for distressing when they could simply send only the metal parts they want to distress to the guy in the US!!
Hell they could even got the guy to come to Japan for a couple of weeks!!

The process you describe just doesn't make any sense to me.

truckster

Why do you laughing, guys?

Llexileon

Hetfield's buddy who made the original Iron Cross metal decal for his LPC, simply supplied a new stencil made from raw steel for ESP Japan to work from, to be sure they got it just like the original.

Was at the Tokyo custom shop / ESP Offices less than 1 month ago, they took the source stencil out of a draw and showed it to me, explaining that it had been made by the same american who worked on Hetfields original Iron Cross, and they were making each cross by hand, to match that specification.

I think some wires have got crossed here with communication, because based on what i saw, ESP were doing the finish job / metal work, etc, themselves. That being said, it is possible some part of the process is being outsourced, it's not like i sat around for a month watching the build from start to finish :lol

Incidentally, has come to light that Kirk and James receive no money from these sorts of guitars.

Hi Shane! :p

load more replies (1 of 1)
jaymerfortune

i like the white ouija to bad it has kirk's initial's on the headstock though

truckster

ok, man
I told you where i've got this information. sounds strange for me too but that was James's wish - all metal distressing work should be done by his friend in states. You're just a jerk sitting in usa but I talked to ESP President yesterday. I know what I'm talking about. And my ESP expirience is much-much more then yours, thanks to my collecting hobby. Have a good life, man!

chris1234

doesnt do it for me, i like black ouija lol

frantic77

ok, man
I told you where i've got this information. sounds strange for me too but that was James's wish - all metal distressing work should be done by his friend in states. You're just a jerk sitting in usa but I talked to ESP President yesterday. I know what I'm talking about. And my ESP expirience is much-much more then yours, thanks to my collecting hobby. Have a good life, man!

could you PM me some info please?!
thx

Justinschut

Id rather get an MX than any (new) Met sig

TheJudasKiss

This thread is just a big: ":lol"

vdubs75

Why do you need 5 triple rectifiers? You're going on tour? :rollin:rollin:rollin

sean106OCD

My local guy just called me this last week (said he is getting calls for orders) as when I bought a KH-20 from him last year and a LTD bass and have been keeping him in the loop with all the info on the Iron Cross. So he called me and said that he needs to take deposits and that he can get the ESP version for $7500. I was thinking what???? :|:|:| he sold me the KH-20 for way cheaper than that. So I was like no thanks. But I may be interested in the LTD version (as I did feel the LTD version of the Fuckster, aside from cosmetics did sound very nice) BUT only if I see it first.

I am not into collecting the sigs anymore, but it may make for a nice recording guitar IF it has my fav combo (which we don't.....I think……. know yet) of Mahogany body, Maple neck, rose wood fretboard which is typical of the old JH sigs (I think………. once again ;) ) But right now I am just pleased with my MXII-CTM's and frankly all I really play with my band besides the FT with (thanks Monty) the hidden EMGorz, and that Old style (horn/knob config) Eclipse, and the Camo MX-250. But so far the MXII-CTM's IMO sound the best to my ears, so I keep gravitating towards them. Hence why the Purple satin eclipse is up again on EBAY (probably no one will buy it as the economy sux) and the NV-STD soon. :)

Fixxer6671

So he called me and said that he needs to take deposits and that he can get the ESP version for $7500.

Oh man hommie. This is nuts....:hat

truckster

Sean, same situation for me. ESP just raised up their dealers prices. And I'm pretty much sure that my Ouijas and IC will not be so cheap for me as KH20 ((

sean106OCD

Sean, same situation for me. ESP just raised up their dealers prices. And I'm pretty much sure that my Ouijas and IC will not be so cheap for me as KH20 ((

I kinda figured that as the prices for all of them went up. But I am sure ESP will sell all the ESP versions to uberfanbois (yes I am one but not buying and ESP version as just not feeling it is worth it)

I think I am finally on the same page as my man emg32..........it is kinda weak that since Uncle Milty was a Gibby............be it.......james...........be it......Gibson...........be it time line (IMO I think this is all because Gibson may have been slower to get this running and with Deaf Fagnetic out and the tour..................he wanted it out fast and ESP picked up the ball), who really knows. Media is gonna tell us what we want to hear. (Like ESP treats me so good and Gibson was too difficult to deal with) 8o

Edit
I will buy the LTD version only if I get it off like MF or an online store so I can see if I makes for a good recording guitar. Locals shops or places like DCGL that have the dog dick return policy......no way. ;)

Sauerkret

annyone know if the LTD Ouija wil have a painted black neck like the regular 602 or a natural finish on them like a kh-2.

guitarsatbmusic

Again, you are talking about two guitars you've not seen :| I've not seen a KH-2 with a decal on it as the new Ouija.
Anyway, I'm done discussing economics with you, you prefer "opinion" over the realities of business and economics. I'll address one uninformed rhetorical question you raised that I will qualify for you
Do you think if the Yen decreases compared to the dollar or vica versa that Japanese/USA companies will jump to lower prices? NO.
I know MANY companies, and small businesses (hey, I know one REAL fucking well, this one) who have LOST money on currency movements. We can NOT change prices every five minutes, it's a part of business. So, those large importers who lost money, they should drop the price for you when a curency moves the other way 5% after they lost money when it went the wrong side at 5% or more for them? Small importers, same boat. And manufacturers. Think a little more broadly if you want to argue the econmics of this and get past your own assumptions and opinions.

And last but not least, if it's so lucrative, open a guitar company :D

truckster

And last but not least, if it's so lucrative, open a guitar company :D

+1! ))))
Russian customers are getting angry too 'cause ESP 2009 price-list raised up to 30% and just NOW LTD prices are like Gibson LP Standart prices here in Moscow. But next month Gibson/Fender dealers will raise them up too.

Actuallu, guys, KH-602 costs in Japan just JPY 161'700. Last year or a year before price was the same. So it's about $1'800. KH-2 Vintage JPY 525'000 or about $5800. Talking about pre-recession times, it was about $4500. Does anyone spend $4500 for KH-2 Vintage ever? $2800-3200 max! Thanks to your dealers, they had a gap to give you good deal and make some profit but in this situation they can't make such afford to you. So, japanese people could be happy to by IC for $7600 'cause in japan the retail will be aboout JPY 900'000, I believe. Or as low as $10'092 ))) And in Japan the max discount for THIS type of highly collectable item will be...zero percent!

emg32

Anyway, I'm done discussing economics with you, you prefer "opinion" over the realities of business and economics.

That is a good thing because you seem to be lacking in the realities of economics yourself. It just seems as though you believe everything you are told and take it without questions or research.

Your small business is great, I congratulate you on having it and hope you continued success, but there are major differences between how your smaller business is run for profit margin compared to major corporations.

I have no intentions on sitting here debating economics either. It's to time consuming and endless.

So when are you moving to Japan to start your own ESP Custom Shop?:D

guitarsatbmusic

That is a good thing because you seem to be lacking in the realities of economics yourself. It just seems as though you believe everything you are told and take it without questions or research.

I've not been told a single thing about the prices, no reasons, no actual prices, nothing, that's not what happens. I'm going from what I know AND what I see from direct importing ourselves also. This is far removed from ESP alone. You proved your own points. You want the same guitar as the artist yet you want it to be of a lesser quality so it's not as expensive as theirs, yet you don't want it to be of LTD quality, somewhere in the middle. So what of the Gibson Slash himself uses, the Gretsch Brian Setzer uses, on and on. What price does one pay for them? Or do we settle for something just under what they use but not too cheap? This is what happens is it not? Yet with the ESP there IS the guitar they use, the same level, the whole shooting match. If one of the bigger makers offers the same sort of thing it would be expensive as well.

So when are you opening your own music store or guitar company? :D

emg32

I've not been told a single thing about the prices, no reasons, no actual prices, nothing, that's not what happens. I'm going from what I know AND what I see from direct importing ourselves also. This is far removed from ESP alone. You proved your own points. You want the same guitar as the artist yet you want it to be of a lesser quality so it's not as expensive as theirs, yet you don't want it to be of LTD quality, somewhere in the middle. So what of the Gibson Slash himself uses, the Gretsch Brian Setzer uses, on and on. What price does one pay for them? Or do we settle for something just under what they use but not too cheap? This is what happens is it not? Yet with the ESP there IS the guitar they use, the same level, the whole shooting match. If one of the bigger makers offers the same sort of thing it would be expensive as well.

So when are you opening your own music store or guitar company? :D

No one said anything about the guitar having to be of lesser quality or not being the same as the artists guitar. It should be the same quality and detail as the artists. I have always believed that. I stated about the Truckster because it is well made without costing $10,000.

Do you really think it is costing ESP that much more to make these Iron Crosses and Ouija's over what it is costing them to make other Custom Shop guitars like the KH-2 NT's or KH Relics or any of the other Custom Shop guitars? I personally don't, maybe you do. These guitars are fairly basic guitars. There is no elaborte inlays, paint work, etc... What makes them worth twice the price?

Hasn't ESP's Custom Shop logo always claimed that every ESP Custom Shop guitar is made from the HIGHEST quality wood, hardware, craftsmanship, etc..?

If that is true then how can these guitars be that much greater and so much more expensive than others unless others are not getting the HIGHEST quality wood, hardware, craftsmanship, etc.. like they have been told to think.

Maybe people ordering personal ESP Custom Shop one-offs might want to rethink what they are actually getting since most don't pay anywhere close to what the Iron Cross and Ouija are costing. Are they really getting the best ESP Custom Shop has to offer? If price dictates the quality with ESP, like you seem to think, then it doesn't seem like they are.

Post to Thread