ESP LTD JH-600 and its trem...

Updated
SomeoneWild
Hey! I've seen several videos on youtube which says bad things about the kahler trem which the JH-600 is equipped with; and kahler trems in general. People say if you bend strings they go slightly out of tune and stuff like that. I've understood on the Kahler hybrid bridge on this guitar there is a "locking" or "blocking" function which sets the trem in "hardtail mode". Will there still be problems with string bending? I'm really in love with this guitar, but I don't want a trem that goes out of tune. Are these persons on youtube wrong, and can someone explain a bit better the disadvantages of kahler trems?
Curt Daddy

I can't explain really, but some people have no problems with kahlers, and others have many. I love kahlers personally. And it is much more stable w/ tuning to my friends who have problems w/ kahlers such as tuning in its fixed mode.

Butch

I can't explain really, but some people have no problems with kahlers, and others have many. I love kahlers personally. And it is much more stable w/ tuning to my friends who have problems w/ kahlers such as tuning in its fixed mode.

That sounds like the average review of a LFR.

jaymerfortune

Hey!

I've seen several videos on youtube which says bad things about the kahler trem which the JH-600 is equipped with; and kahler trems in general. People say if you bend strings they go slightly out of tune and stuff like that. I've understood on the Kahler hybrid bridge on this guitar there is a "locking" or "blocking" function which sets the trem in "hardtail mode". Will there still be problems with string bending?

I'm really in love with this guitar, but I don't want a trem that goes out of tune.

Are these persons on youtube wrong, and can someone explain a bit better the disadvantages of kahler trems?

the jh-600 kahler is a hybrid kahler right? good trem but nothing beats a brass on brass 2315 IMO, thats my favorite bridge of all time.

DayDay

The older khalers from about 85' are great pieces of machinery My dad has one on an old BC rich NJ series Bich (total kerry king style guitar) Any time ive ever played on it ive never had any issues with the trem and Im heavy on the bar.

The only thing i can think of with the tuning issues many people may be experiencing with their khalers is that the brass rollers might be sticking which can happen if they are not taken care of properly. like with any trem if you use it and abuse it be ready to fix it and keep it in prime condition.

eric t.

I just got.a jh600 . I dont much like the Hybrid , but i loved the Kahler i had in a charvel im thinking bite the bullet and buy a 2315

Post to Thread