STEF B8 Pics (56k, i fart in your general direction)

Updated
STEF B8 Pics (56k, i fart in your general direction)
Gfunk

:eek:

Custom shop too!

How about a review, sound and feel?

jaymerfortune

:eek:

Custom shop too!

How about a review, sound and feel?

my review for g-funk.

it has two strings to many:lol

deftoneskidd

it's not mine, would you believe I didn't get to really play it? I strummed a few chords and plucked the F# around a little but really, that was about it. The strings felt nice and didn't flop around like i'd imagine. The f# rang clear like the G-string on a bass would, although without the high tension.

The neck was huge, obviously. it felt very similar to the 607B's neck in terms of thickness and contour, but just a little wider..

fit & finish-wise, ther wasn't one blemish and the fret job was second to none. masterfully crafted and surprisingly lighter than what i thought it would be. i'd say it wasn't heavier than 8 lbs.

one thing that bugs me is ESP's lack of use of felt washers under the strap buttons.. anyone else notice that?

Shreddy

That's some awesome photography mate!

I tried the LTD version of that, it was BIG!

Brian

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. It's a shame you didn't get to spend more time with it.

load more replies (1 of 1)
deftoneskidd

i had a natural 607B for a few years, sold it to fund my SRC purchase.. I had the 607B tuned GCGCFAD.. now i miss the stupid thing.. I want that freakin SC-7M really really really ridiculously bad..

Gwedo

I played the LTD and my god the neck is mahooooooooooooooooooosive, its a nice but i would never buy one, look brooottttzzzal thou lol

jaymerfortune

I played the LTD and my god the neck is mahooooooooooooooooooosive, its a nice but i would never buy one, look brooottttzzzal thou lol

the ltd feels like crap compared to the esp, its like night and day.

i don't think i could ever utilize it to its full potential but i have big hands and i like wide necks. i liked it for the short time i had it, i would play it like a normal six, or a seven with a bassy extra bottom string

Junker

too many strings.. but nice looking

kgry

too many strings.. but nice looking

Needz mur strings

deftoneskidd

i agree, nice to look at. mad props to anyone that can utilize its fullest potential, but it's not for me.

deftoneskidd

yep, one was special ordered at the store so i took pics while it was there..

mefast

Amazing pictures! I don't think my car has ever come near to the gloss on that. I can only imagine what it sounds like.

MV-CTM

wowza, that sure is shiny

Michael T.

Do they even make sets of strings for this guitar?

MV-CTM

that must sound huge, lol

rootsney

Those of you that don't know what to do with the extra strings should check out bands like Periphery, After the Burial, and Animals as Leaders. The guys in Periphery are just playing on 7s, but they use them in a similar way.

Operator

To the OP: your photographs look amazing. Really great job. Could you offer any tips on getting good shots of guitars? I realise it's probably not something I could replicate without pro gear, but I'd be interested in how you achieve that "floating in mid air" effect, too.

General question to Gfunk (or anyone, for that matter): what's the distinction between Custom Shop and a regular signature model, and are they marked differently?

Oh, and I'm a long time lurker and first time caller... so, hi!

deftoneskidd

To the OP: your photographs look amazing. Really great job. Could you offer any tips on getting good shots of guitars? I realise it's probably not something I could replicate without pro gear, but I'd be interested in how you achieve that "floating in mid air" effect, too.

thanks! it's all about the light. i used a grey paper backdrop, 4 tungsten continuous lights in softboxes (2 1000w & 2 500w). i have one 500w pointed at the back drop, and the other three positioned as needed to get the nice glare. to get the floating effect, the guitar is suspended from a drop ceiling by two strands of 40# test fishing string about 2 ft from the backdrop. and the string was photoshopped out when visible. aside from that and sharpening them a bit, cropping & resizing, the pictures were otherwise untouched.

camera used was a canon rebel xti with a canon 17-85mm lens. you can get a used xti for pretty cheap these days, just about as much as a compact point & shoot, and you get much better pictures.

the whole setup i used for these is relatively cheap, considering what you find in most studios. light kit was ~600, camera & lens ~$1000 new.. the lights used in these shots have since died and have been replaced with a few LED panels, which were a liiiiiiiiittle more expensive :lol we're also about to get a canon 5d mkII which is a huge step up from the XTi.

Vadim Ketivo

Can I have a full resolution of the image ESP_STEF8_K0815103-9.jpg ? Would look great as a wallpaper on my phone!

ESP 348

I have BIG hands, but not sure if I could handle that beast!

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Black guitars are the best.

Post to Thread