esp or ltd Michael Wilton sig

Updated
nick c.
I really really really want one of these guitars. Does anyone have one? want to sell one? Trade for a caparison dellinger ( esp version only )? or give me a review on one? Thanks guys!!!!
1point8t

There aren't many around this forum, and I think once someone's owned one, they aren't willing to get rid of it! Ebay has a couple of the MW600's right now, and one of the guys on here is selling his real ESP Wilton sig for $2100 BIN, which is a good deal IMO... there's a long wait for the Wiltons and they're $2400 new, his is mint and set up awesome. I've played the Wilton and the necks are stellar, not too fat but not too thin, pretty much a perfect profile. MW is one of my favorite players of all time, I'd kill to own one of the real ESP's but I don't see myself shelling out that kind of $$$.

On the flip side, I think that picking up one of the 06 MW's would be your best bet, since they come with Sperzels vs the Grovers they have now... for ease of string changes. I've been told the LTD's are close to the ESP's as far as playability and fit/finish goes, but of course you get the birdseye maple neck with the ESP, an independent volume control, and the glow in the dark skulls.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

There aren't many around this forum, and I think once someone's owned one, they aren't willing to get rid of it! Ebay has a couple of the MW600's right now, and one of the guys on here is selling his real ESP Wilton sig for $2100 BIN, which is a good deal IMO... there's a long wait for the Wiltons and they're $2400 new, his is mint and set up awesome. I've played the Wilton and the necks are stellar, not too fat but not too thin, pretty much a perfect profile. MW is one of my favorite players of all time, I'd kill to own one of the real ESP's but I don't see myself shelling out that kind of $$$.

On the flip side, I think that picking up one of the 06 MW's would be your best bet, since they come with Sperzels vs the Grovers they have now... for ease of string changes. I've been told the LTD's are close to the ESP's as far as playability and fit/finish goes, but of course you get the birdseye maple neck with the ESP, an independent volume control, and the glow in the dark skulls.

I played the ESP version this past Saturday at the Rehearsal Barn and it plays amazingly.

nick c.

aaaaaaaahhhhhh man i really want one I'm gonna have to buy one unless someone wants to trade for a caparison lol. I heard that the finish on the ltd model is just a decal is a bad finish is this so???

1point8t

Not sure if its a decal or a stenciled graphic...but who cares? It looks fine the way it is

OutlawTorn

Not sure if its a decal or a stenciled graphic...but who cares? It looks fine the way it is

+1

ive played the LTD its a pretty sweet guitar, decal or not the finish on his LTD is WAYYYYY better then the GL-256 LTD...that "decal"=:x

nick c.

im gonna have to get one of these bad boys!!!!!!! and of course install some emgs

Whipfan

Hi Guys....Yep that is ME that has my ESP version up for sale on ebay right now, and I KNOW it is alot of money, I WILL say that the LTD versions are AWESOME, I did end up selling mine when I got my ESP version, I must say those are REALLY super great (LTD). The difference besides the GLOW in the dark Skulls....the Skulls DO look a little better when you compare the two side by side, the LTD version's skulls are much WHITER, where upon looking at the ESP one, you can tell they glow, with that greenish tint to them, It does look great in the dark or onstage when the lights go out. The ESP is a little heavier, if you look closely at the body the LTD shows signs of lines in the paint, whatever they use on the ESP is much better also. The neck is Birdseye maple as opposed to the standard maple on the LTD. I've been lucky enough to see Michael Wilton's ESP being backstage at several shows and his has major birdseye all over it and the back of the neck is severly FLAMED, Also he told me he had the neck glossed over heavily to protect his Ryche custom inlays, his fretboard SHINES bigtime with all of that gloss on it. However on this newest tour, he has been using the actual signature model just like mine with just the diamond inlays.
Mine took two years to get in my hands, it was rediculous, they kept giving me aproximate times and then it would never show up, then they had a problem with them (I guess between the artist and the guitar) the LTD's were already in production. I still don't see many of these around in the ESP version, I think i have seen one or two on ebay in the last couple years, it is MINT, of course looking at my post, the neck was bad when i finally got it. I deal with ESP almost everyday through my job and have gotten to have a great relationship with them personally, and they had me send it back to them and they replaced the neck for me and I had Josh (ESP's guitar tech) do a complete fretmill even on the new neck so the strings were basically ON the fret board without fretting out, which makes for an extremely FAST neck now. I have heard they are NOT real eager to do replacement necks, maybe it is a perk working so closely with them everyday. In the end I will say the ESP is probably one of the best guitars I have played in my 25 years of playing, it just feels RIGHT in your hands and i am suprised that there are NOT alot of posts regarding them on this board. My advice to ANYONE thinking about getting one of these, IF you have the money, go for the ESP version , IF you cannot spend that much and want basically the same guitar, minus the birdseye maple and glow in the dark skulls and the ESP logo and the single coil pickups being a little higher end...everythng else is the SAME, go for the LTD because I'm NOT sure that those few things justify $1600 DIFFERENCE, We got our New pricelist and these have went up to $3899.00 list and MAPP price is $2699.
The LTD is in quality just as high end as the ESP is in my honest opinion, Some may beg to differ, but I have had the LTD too and it played like a complete dream as well....I hope this helps.....I will probably take the auction down soon and keep it, I only had to sell because i want a WHITE LES PAUL Custom so badly and trying to sell some to get one of these, I'm kinda tired of waking up a couple times a night with how i am gonna get the money to get one......Cheers!!!!

1point8t

Dude... I hate to say it, but I bet you're going to kick yourself later on for selling this one. A Les Paul Custom is cool... but they're a dime a dozen. You waited how long for this guitar? And you're a huge MW fan? C'mon :p

Brian

Dude... I hate to say it, but I bet you're going to kick yourself later on for selling this one. A Les Paul Custom is cool... but they're a dime a dozen. You waited how long for this guitar? And you're a huge MW fan? C'mon :p

I totally agree with 1point8t here.

nick c.

instead of a les paul custom you just need to trade me for a caparison dellinger with emgs 81/85 and 18 v mod!!! I think it woul dbe fair

Whipfan

Yeah I know and like I said, I will probably end up keeping it and get the LP Custom the old fashioned way and SAVE for it :(
it might take a year but it is something to work for. Yeah I have been a fan since 1984 and Michael & Degarmo are two reasons I ever started to play....Love the Degarmo pic by the way. I think I'm convinced...Im gonna keep it!!!
Hello to everyone!!!

load more replies (1 of 1)
nick c.

dammmmmmnit lol i think im just gonna get the ltd version, Im in love with the guitar

Whipfan

IF THAT is the one you really want, my advice is GO FOR IT and you will not be sorry, it's a high end LTD and plays just as well as the ESP, just with a few LESS belles and whistles but I guarantee you will love it!!!

Good Luck!!! :)

thesparkeffect

I say go for the LTD as well. This model was $699 at a shop near me and so very tempting to pick up. I hesitate to check to see if they still have it because I will not be able to resist and I am sure that I spent enough money on guitars and supplies this year. It is a dream to play and even for the non-sale price it is well worth it. FYI, before the sale, they had this guitar for $899 which is still a great price. Let us know if you go for it!

nick c.

I really really do want it, the onl thing that is keeping me from getting it is the namm show in january, I cant wait to see whats gonna come out. Im hopeing for more maple fretboards

DayDay

hey nick i talked to cain the other day at sticks and strings i went in to go pick up a buddy of mines m-1000 and was talking to him about the sig models he said theyre on about a 6-8 month back order on all sig models (now i would guess that includes the mw as well) but for fyi their estimates for when they get stuff in has been way off recently my bassist went in put a down payment on the Tom Araya and again a 6-8 month time limit it was in 3 weeks later also the m-1000 was the same deal but with a 2 month time limit it was in the next week i would talk to cain and see what he says and maybe put yourself a down payment on one

Post to Thread