LTD GL600 Skulls and Snakes

Updated
thesparkeffect
Hi there, I came across a Lynch LTD GL-600 Skulls and Snakes at a local music shop, it is still new - I guess it has been sitting around for a while. I am not sure if this is the 2004 or 2005 model. They have a $800 or so price tag on it -which I am sure is as old as the guitar... I cannot seem to find anybody online selling a used one and I have not come across many comments/reviews - not sure if that is good or bad or maybe there were not that many sold to begin with? At any rate I was curious what you might think of this particular guitar. Have any of you played and/or owned this model? The specs on the guitar are fairly decent. Could this be a good deal if I could talk them down a few bucks? Here is a link to the model LTD GL 600 SS Thanks for your feedback, Thomas
1point8t

Let's just say that the upper end LTD sigs are fantastic guitars. I think you'd be hard pressed to find much of a difference in the LTD and ESP versions, minus the country of origin and maybe fit/finish. I've owned a LTD Kamikaze and it was a killer guitar, but it lacked the original Floyd and real Duncans like the SnS GL600 has. If I remember, they sold for $899 new, so if this one has been hanging out in the store for a while, try and haggle them down some. I think you'd be real happy with the guitar, Lynch fan or not... just keep in mind that the necks are real wide at the nut area, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you dig in a neck.

Good luck dude, welcome to the forum

thesparkeffect

Thanks for the warm welcome to the site. I am happy to be a member and I am very excited about starting to build my ESP/LTD arsenal.

Also I've just started taking Lessons with an excellent teacher - after 10 years of having my skills get rusty.

For starters I picked up a M-200 SR, I quite like how it feels and plays. I will have to post pics. Might consider upgrading to OFR as well as attempt to figure out a nice set of pickups to upgrade to.

I will be seeing a guy I know of perform in a couple of weeks, have not spoken to him in a while and I found out he is an ESP guy - so I will have to pick his brain. I believe he is on the Artist Roster.

Thanks for your input regarding the GL 600 SS, I think I will head back to the shop this weekend to see if I can strike up a deal. If it hasn't left the store in four years, there is probably a high probability the guitar is still there. Haha, hopefully.

I will have to report back. Take care,

Thomas

Post to Thread