How Much Do Axxions Go For? (non LTD)

Updated
How Much Do Axxions Go For? (non LTD)
Hey guys, I've got a line on an Axxion (Livewire model), but there's nothing on eBay or the classifieds that I could find to guage a price. How much do these usually go for in good condition?
JeffDunne

Bump!

MV-CTM

I'll pay you to ship it to me :lol

gainiac

I've got one that's minty, the passive pickups version, and if I sold it, I'd think I'd ask $1800. But I doubt I'd sell it. It's a phenomenal guitar, just controversial looks. I don't think very many were made, and those that bought the ESP Custom Shop version ponied up 3 grand or so because of their respect for Mustaine and/or the axe-like appealed. I personally think it looks better in person than in pictures for some reason. I'd be surprised if there were more than a few dozen of these in existence globally - it was a two year run I believe, but I never saw many for sale anywhere. I figure it's a rare guitar. The Ltd version is much more common, and I wouldn't think what those sell for should factor at all into what the ESP CS version sells for.

JeffDunne

I've got one that's minty, the passive pickups version, and if I sold it, I'd think I'd ask $1800. But I doubt I'd sell it. It's a phenomenal guitar, just controversial looks. I don't think very many were made, and those that bought the ESP Custom Shop version ponied up 3 grand or so because of their respect for Mustaine and/or the axe-like appealed. I personally think it looks better in person than in pictures for some reason. I'd be surprised if there were more than a few dozen of these in existence globally - it was a two year run I believe, but I never saw many for sale anywhere. I figure it's a rare guitar. The Ltd version is much more common, and I wouldn't think what those sell for should factor at all into what the ESP CS version sells for.

Thanks! $1800? Not bad at all...

I've got it on layway - Guitar Center has that stupid "must hold used gear for 30 days" policy. I'll pick it up on the 19th, string/set her up, and post some pics/a review/soundclips!

gainiac

Cool - what'd you pay? It's a great guitar. Pretty sure you'll be thrilled with it. It is a very fast neck, terrific playability and awesome big tone with that big but light mahogany body.

sithv

Hello , I have 1 that's a Live Wire version , with the gold pups it plays great getting use to the shape a bit. The pick ups are ok I'm just use to EMG set up.

sithv

My mistake I have an LTD live wire version. Curious what those go for?

JeffDunne

Axe ended up selling for $1750 - not bad at all.

Especially considering I picked it up at Guitar Center for $675 out the door - they had it priced as an LTD model.

boogiejh3

Axe ended up selling for $1750 - not bad at all.

Especially considering I picked it up at Guitar Center for $675 out the door - they had it priced as an LTD model.

Nice, thats a good score man. You gotta love when they accidentally tag stuff wrong. I know a guy that got a Mark IIC+ before from Sam Ash used because they thought it was a Mark IIB and had it tagged for $800.

Phil

Leviathan

:eek:

What GC was it?

Post to Thread