Michael Amott parts ways with ESP guitars

Updated
janson
This was posted today on Myspace: Arch Enemy guitarist Michael Amott has parted ways with the ESP guitar company. The partnership lasted eight years and included the ESP/LTD line of successful "Ninja" Michael Amott signature series guitars. Michael Amott has issued the following statement: "I wasn't really planning on announcing this and making a big deal out of it – but there's a flood of e-mails and messages coming my way, as well as speculations on various forums. So I would like to set the record straight." "1. It is true that I have parted ways with ESP guitars." "2. I have not yet decided on a new guitar company to work with". "I would like to express my deepest gratitude to everyone at ESP USA and ESP JAPAN as well as all the distributors around the world for all their hard work and support over the last eight years!" "There's no hard feelings, only good memories. It was just time to move on". "I am extremely excited about getting a 'fresh start' and what I can achieve with another, future company as far as developing new Michael Amott weaponry!" I find it pretty sad, can't understand why... beeing for such a long time with a Guitar company doesn't mean stagnancy...
MyApocalypse

as well as speculations on various forums..
8o

kgry

Welcome to last week.

stevee

to be honest the Amott guitar was my favourite ESP signature series guitar.

Hind

Too sad, Michael is leaving. I really liked his white Ninja, but I guess the model itself will still be available (without signature bla).

Do you guys think he'll join Caparison and endorse their guitars like his brother? Or might this be too obvious? Though the result could be some sweet guitar candy, as his brothers' signature modell.

load more replies (1 of 1)
stevee

or maybe Ibanez cause he used to use them in Carcass

janson

or he went back to Gibson like In Flames did

janson

Now it's official, maybe it's "yesterdays newspaper", but i havn't seen anybody posting this before, so here we go: MICHAEL AMOTT JOINS DEAN GUITARS!!!

You can see it on Michael Amotts Myspace...

IMO it's sooooo shitty, the Ninja was a million times better!!!

Monologous

Why would one leave ESP? I like me some Deans, but why would he go from ESP to Dean? Just to try something new? Lame?

gab4554

Why would one leave ESP? I like me some Deans, but why would he go from ESP to Dean? Just to try something new? Lame?

why do you like ESP? because you like something about ESP.
Why He likes Deans? same reason for him too.

Also mustaine went to Dean too

load more replies (1 of 1)
Mark K.

$$$

Nova

hmm weird

and sad, Ninjas were gorgeous

For sure theres big $$$$ involved...since Dimebag died...Dean are prolly hunting big time to find new ''flagships''

I assume BC Rich would do the same if Kerry King would part from them...

and somewhere behind, lost in the fog, you can find Ibanez and Jackson

Post to Thread