ESP M-II Mummy or Dracula?

Updated
jaylaw90
Im getting paid next week, so I'm thinking about getting a ESP M-II Neck-Thru and sending it to Bill to get some graphics on it, so I was wondering what you guys recommend I should get on it? The Kirk Hammett Mummy or Dracula?
Jan S.

mummy, no doubt

mbesp

mummy again

phil

I say, Dracula - the mummy is kinda common now. Just make sure you have good high quality pics of the Dracula they can work from.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Fade To Black 1985

Can you get the Dracula as accurate as the Mummy nowadays?

strngthbyndstrngth

Can you get the Dracula as accurate as the Mummy nowadays?

I have the Dracula decal all done...it's pretty accurate from what I can tell.

MITCHYBANG

Keep with the retro horror theme and go with one of these:

1. The Blob
2. Creature From The Black Lagoon
3. Alfred Hitchcock
4. Norman Bates (my personal fav!)

They would all look good in a black/white/gray paint scheme...

MITCHYBANG

Exactly what I was thinking. You gotta have the BATES MOTEL sign too. I'm already looking into it.

DeanWings

I agree with the few that said it. So something original. You'll enjoy it more in the long run.

matt b.

Yeah, do the Dracula. I dont want my mummy to be 1 out of a million, lol

ESP

The Dracula type isn't skewed like that, strngth. You can see how it is on the original poster if you track it down on the netz.

cicada71

Go the Dracula.

kirk is the best

The picture of dracula is correct!

kirk is the best

Any one think the dracula wil become a signature model??????? Hope so :hat

KirkRhoads

Is there two?:O

ESP

Yes.

Fade To Black 1985

Sweet! One tour, one studio? Is there more to come from Kirk with the horror-movies/guitars...

ESP

Sorry man, I'm really not at liberty to pass them along.

Sweet! One tour, one studio? Is there more to come from Kirk with the horror-movies/guitars...

I believe there will ultimately be 4. Two of each version.

MITCHYBANG

I'm not trying to start anything here but hey, no matter what, it's still cool as hell and I am definitely going to find a somebody that can do something like that for me with a different character.

Mr Walley

the best image would be one straight on of the body of the Dracula guitar. From the pic of KH I could argue that it is one size and not skewed. You have to take into account of the forearm contour and the angle that he is holding the guitar. Just my 2-cents

strngthbyndstrngth

the best image would be one straight on of the body of the Dracula guitar. From the pic of KH I could argue that it is one size and not skewed. You have to take into account of the forearm contour and the angle that he is holding the guitar. Just my 2-cents

I was thinking that too, but it is a pretty drastic change in size from "DRA" to "CULA"
I guess I'll make it both ways, and see which looks best.

ESP

That's just the perspective throwing you off. It looks that way due to the angle and the fact that the first letters are on a different visual plane due to the contour. You can see how drastic it can look in your own photo of your mummy.

Again, I have front photos of this guitar. Kirk didn't request that the logo be skewed in any way different than his original poster. A mockup was even provided with straight lettering. It was very important that it be faithful. I don't know what else to say...

strngthbyndstrngth

That's just the perspective throwing you off. It looks that way due to the angle and the fact that the first letters are on a different visual plane due to the contour.

Again, I have front photos of this guitar. Kirk didn't request that the logo be skewed in any way different than his original poster. A mockup was even provided with straight lettering. It was very important that it be faithful. I don't know what else to say...

I believe you, I just want to make it sure it's as close as possible, cuz I am going to be doing 1 soon. Thanks for the help...

Post to Thread