kh-2 vs kh-602

Updated
mbesp
Just looking for some opinions or information from people who own or have played both of these guitars. I have a KH-2 and I am just kinda looking for a second guitar with some similar features. How big of a difference is there between the extra thin flat and the extra thing u necks? Anyway any information you can bring to the table would be great. Thanks mike
xdaynex

umm my guess is that the neck shape/grip is still the same, but the radius of the fretboard is larger=flatter fretboard:)

strngthbyndstrngth

umm my guess is that the neck shape/grip is still the same, but the radius of the fretboard is larger=flatter fretboard:)

incorrect....the extra thin flat is a "D" shaped, the back of the neck is flat. The thin "U" shaped is just that, the back is round. The fretboard radius is the same. The 2 neck profiles really are quite different.

KH Guitar Freak

Why are you comparing a KH2 to a KH-602???

Cause all I'm suggesting is that the KH2 would be nicer than the KH-602, especially if the KH2 is from the custom shop...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Leth

I wouldn't go for a KH-602 as a second guitar if you already have a KH2. No point, look elsewhere I mean Gibson SG's are in a similar price bracket and they're prob the Gibson of choice as they are a lot nicer to play imo than a les paul. Ok they aren't similar specced but do you realy need two guitars that are pretty much identical

Curt Daddy

get an esp standard series horizon or something if you want relativley the same shape but a different feel.

Leth

Yeah as far as I'm aware all the new KH2's come out of the signature series shop which is why the serials on the neck start with ss and not the usual K from the custom shop.

mbesp

Well the main reason i was looking at the kh-602 was because of the neck and the dual volume knobs. But if what strngth said about the neck profiles being quite different maybe I'll look for one of the cheaper M's with a bolt on or something.

Hmm i need to find a shop that has a guitar with the extra thin u in but that seems to be pretty hard to find around here.

Does anyone have a f 400 fm? I'm not a fan of the inlays but if the extra thin u turns out to be alright that might be a contender.

BrazilianBootyLover

Well the main reason i was looking at the kh-602 was because of the neck and the dual volume knobs. But if what strngth said about the neck profiles being quite different maybe I'll look for one of the cheaper M's with a bolt on or something.

Hmm i need to find a shop that has a guitar with the extra thin u in but that seems to be pretty hard to find around here.

Does anyone have a f 400 fm? I'm not a fan of the inlays but if the extra thin u turns out to be alright that might be a contender.

What does the neck shape matter really? I mean it takes about an hour of playing on something to get used to it. You'll be fine. Don't worry too much about that. I mean, no one in their right mind would play a guitar for 30 secs and says "damn this neck sucks, I can't play on it" If you can't get used to it by the end of the day then thats when you know you don't like it.

mbesp

I guess that is true it really isnt the most important part but of the guitars i have it just feels really good when i'm playing on the kh. So i figured I'll see if i can find something similar.

Curt Daddy

maybe a standard MII? or do those have different neck shapes as well? I have never played one so excuse me for my n00bness.

mbesp

I think they are the Extra thin U, The Ms with neck through come with the U and the Bolt ons come with Flats.

Oh i guess they make the standard mII with both and Neck Through. So that would work.

Curt Daddy

oh, ok well then i'm out of ideas sorry.:\

Post to Thread