Esp M-II vs Esp KH-2 (both neck thru)

Updated
ko112
If anyone could offer advice, it would be greatly appreciated... I have a vintage KH-2 custom shop neck thru, and of course I love it. I need to pick up a similar guitar, but I don't want to spend all that much $$$... I can pick up a NT M-II relatively cheap, but my question is how much of an actual difference is there in the NT M-II vs the NT KH-2??? The specs on the ESP site are IDENTICAL in every way... Thanks!
gab4554

The M-II NT is 3000$ for neck-thru.
The KH-2 NT is 3500$ for neck-thru.
The KH-2 Bolt-on is 3000$ for bolt-on

For 500$ more you have

2 volume 1 tone knobs and 3-way switch instead of 1 volume and a toogle
Skull and bones inlays instead of Dots
Kirk Hammett's name on the headstock

as you can see the specs are pretty similar with a few diffrence but id get the M-II and Im not a fan of Sig series and for me its a waste of money + I hate 3-way switch.

Brian

What's up with your prices? :rolleyes:

A KH2 bolty is $2199
KH2 NT is $2599
MII bolty is $1399
MII NT is $1649.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Fordman65

Probably not much of a difference at all unless you go used for the kh2 nt and get the CS version. I don't know you so I am not positive you would feel the difference between CS and SS guitars but I assume you would. As far as actual tone there probably isn't a huge difference at all, but craftsmanship and details will be better on your vintage and the CS kh2 nt.

Brian

I went KH2 over M-II but my KH is custom shop and I have always wanted a Kirk Hammett Sig model. He is one of my guitar heros and that guitar was one of my dream guitars.

If you don't really want the Kirk sig then I would definitely go with the M-II. Either the bolt on or the neck-thru. The M series are very solid guitars.

Post to Thread