Anyone get the SC 608 or B8?

Updated
Miguel
Any reviews 8o
BrazilianBootyLover

Why can't they make a 7 banger with a bridge like that. :(

Miguel

Hey Brazil, serious q- whats so special about that bridge? Also what does it do different than a tonepros?

load more replies (3 of 3)
Matthew

No clips yet, I'll try to put something together soon. I think the tension is fine on the low string. I have it tuned to standard (F#,B,E,A,D,G,B,E) and I have the same string gauges that it comes stock with (low string is a .68). I tried tuning the low string down a whole step to E just for the hell of it and it was pretty much unplayable, lol. Thicker strings would probably fix that. I think I'm going to stick with standard for a while though.

Dingbat-Walabi

ive always wondered where you'd a set of 7 or 8 strings? never seen a string company offer them

DayDay

8 strings :eek: slightly rediculous IMO Nice Guitar of course 8 is just too much for me ill stick to 6 and 7 models lmao:D

Matthew

Sometimes I think it's ridiculous myself to be honest, but it doesn't hurt to have more options. I have been itchin' for a new 6 string since I got the SC608 though.

nexbot

Sometimes I think it's ridiculous myself to be honest, but it doesn't hurt to have more options. I have been itchin' for a new 6 string since I got the SC608 though.

I think I may be alone when I think that I DON'T think it's ridiculous. I love it. Everything about it. It feels "right."

I've only picked up my SC607B once since I got this, and that was because my tech was installing Gotoh Locking tuners on this bad boy;)

MV-CTM

that is bonertastic, if GC carried those I would use my 15% off coupon on it, lol

N3rdAl3rt

someone post some clips of those monsters

Miguel

Lets hear some clips. See if you guys can even use this beast and make it sound good.

idpmofo

8 strings = little too much IMO

nice guitar though.

when you say u rest ur hand on body, do u never palm mute? guess Im having trouble seeing what ur saying. I can def. see how muting would be easier on one of these bridges. I've never played one

yearofthespider2k3

How much are you paying for those extra 2 strings

load more replies (1 of 1)
MITCHYBANG

Anybody heard anything Stef is doing with these?

mbesp

Has he heard of a bass?
Also i still dont understand why everyone gets all huffy about these 8 stings. They look cool and are also a little rediculus but still i dont care if you want to play a 30 string or a 2 string.
Also it is true you can play almost everything on a 6 string that is played on 8 strings these days but then your going to have to have one guitar tuned way down and if you want to play something in the standard tuning you'll need to switch guitars. Which the 8 just hop down 2 strings.

Anyway thats just what i think.

DixSerina

Has he heard of a bass?

That's basically what I was thinking when he said tune a baritone 8 all the way down to E. That would be a bass, but with four more strings. But meh, I dunno what I think about the 8 string craze. Not my thing, and I'd never do it, but if it floats your boat, whatever.

nexbot

Also i still dont understand why everyone gets all huffy about these 8 stings.

Yeah, I find it funny when people get all "master a six first" on us just for playing with extra strings. If you read up on the history of the instrument you'll find that it didn't always have 6 strings. It's always been changing.

And besides, how many people out there can say they've mastered ANY guitar? I've read interviews of some of the finest guitarists out there and they say that they are always learning new things, always growing as musicians.

MITCHYBANG

That's a pretty good point. The Deftones have tuned lower with every subsiquent release. So, with that said it would make pretty good sense for Steph to stick to 8 string guitars. Then he could use the same guitar for any song.

I'll be one to admit. I have a hard enough time with 6 strings. That's one of the reasons why I'm selling my SC607.

I did get to play a SC608 though. It was pretty interesting, even at standard tuning. I prefer the ESP with a hardtail over the Ibanez with a trem. Still a pretty interesting instrument.

mbesp

I would really like to play one of these 8 stings. I have a seven and i do like the way the neck feels on it.
It gets really goofy if i play the 7 for a while and then go to a 6. Just makes the neck feel so tiny

TheDevilHimself

Well it was the bass player in the interview.

Post to Thread