Truckster Questions

Updated
firekid0669
I am brand new to the forum but have been around reading a lot lately (they wouldn't activate my account so I could post!!!!!!!!!) My question to all of you is: Is there any difference in terms of quality of the LTD trucksters from year to year. I am seeing a lot pop up on Ebay that all have a 2005 Serial #. There are also a lot on craigslist from 05 too. I wouldn't mind buying one of those but a newer one would be nice too. Thanks. Also, if anyone is selling one let me know.
exhibit-sbt

Hmm, so 3 years is the rate at which people grow sick of this instrument... interesting indeed.

firekid0669

And here I thought it was 4, oh well.

load more replies (1 of 1)
coyote

No difference at all. Exactly the same and a very good guitar.

Pushead

People say the more recent ones have more "Hetfield-esque" wear on the top splotch, but I haven't seen any evidence of that.

firekid0669

I'm not a HUGE fan of the paint job but it won't stop me from buying it. I'm also a huge Met and Het fan so it would be cool to own one of his sigs. Everything I've read from you all has basically said what a great guitar it is for the price. Thanks for the replies.

sean106OCD

Hey there I did 2 reviews. one the esp and one on the LTD one:

ESP
eQBv6RHOrT0

LTD
gIJlPd7xF8w

firekid0669

So Sean, having owned both it seems that while the ESP is a little higher quality in paint and sound the difference isn't huge and for the price it is probably worth getting the LTD.?.?

sean106OCD

So Sean, having owned both it seems that while the ESP is a little higher quality in paint and sound the difference isn't huge and for the price it is probably worth getting the LTD.?.?

I would say tone wise yes the ESP is a tad better and the finish is miles better, but cost/features the LTD maybe a better option. BUT many trucksters ESP ones, keep popping on EBAY and are not selling very high. Like maybe 1200-1300 so that is a steal or the value has simply dropped. Which is great if you want the quality of the ESP version. Hope this helps :)

Steve K.

I have the LTD version and recently had a full setup done on it and it plays and sounds tits. I will say that the setup is damn near as good as my Eclipse II, I took the eclipse II in and showed the guy how it was setup and basically duplicated it for me on the Truckster. I have been trying to sell it for about 4 months and now there is no way that I am selling it.

Dan W.

Im considering driving to Phoenix from Nor Cal to buy a truckster for 2550. Anyone have any advice? It's the only one on this seaboard that I can find, and it's perfect.

RLA

Advice in regards to..? 

Know In advanced (not that you don’t already) but it’s an awesome instrument!

black or gray btw?

Papa Fiq

At that price tag, I’m assuming it’s the ESP version. It’s a great instrument bro, easy to play too. 

Post to Thread