Jackson SL1 vs Lynch

Updated
HUTCHINGS
I just bought a new SL1 and I'm pretty disapointed. I have the kami II and the SB tiger Lynch sig models and the jackson sounds like hell compared to them. They all have the same pickup, Duncan JBTB4's and I play through a Hughes and Kettner switchblade. The demon's are a little muddy for my taste so I through jb's in my lynches, I know they have maple bodies and the sl1 is alder so here is my question: I'm considering getting a skull n snakes and putting a jb in, does anyone have any idea how it will sound compared to the kami or the sb tiger? Oh also I'm sure everyone who will read this already knows but if you don't Jackson necks SUCK compared to the lynch necks. Thanks
1point8t

That sucks man... Jacksons are an acquired taste though. You either like the necks, or hate them. However, the Lynch necks aren't for everyone either, they're wide as hell at the nut. As for how the SnS sounds, I couldn't tell you since I have yet to play one, but I know the Kami's are nice and snappy.

On the side, how do you like the HK Switchblade? I'm in the market for a new amp, can't decide between the Switchblade and a Spider Valve.

Piney Hills Music

yeah there is a big differencein the sounds...

On a note about your jackson... honestly, i think Jackson makes a mistake by putting a JB in there..

you should try a Custom, Distortion, or a Custom Custom, in there
maybe even a Super Distortion Dimarzio..

Butch

That sucks man... Jacksons are an acquired taste though. You either like the necks, or hate them. However, the Lynch necks aren't for everyone either, they're wide as hell at the nut. As for how the SnS sounds, I couldn't tell you since I have yet to play one, but I know the Kami's are nice and snappy.

On the side, how do you like the HK Switchblade? I'm in the market for a new amp, can't decide between the Switchblade and a Spider Valve.

Switchblade is somehow more enticing to me

akrho

^ I agree with Nick. I have a Super Distortion in my SL1 and the sound is alot better than the stock TB4. BTW, what color SL1 did you get?

HUTCHINGS

Hey thanks for the advice, I'll try a new pickup. The color is Ferrari Red also I love the HK Switchblade, if you haven't played through one check one out. It was between that and a Marshall and two things I don't like about Marshall are that no two sound the same and they sound like shit unless there turned way up. Even so I think the HK sounds better than a cranked Marshall.

Piney Hills Music

Hey thanks for the advice, I'll try a new pickup. The color is Ferrari Red also I love the HK Switchblade, if you haven't played through one check one out. It was between that and a Marshall and two things I don't like about Marshall are that no two sound the same and they sound like shit unless there turned way up. Even so I think the HK sounds better than a cranked Marshall.

what sound are you looking for out of your SL1...

I can help you pick out a pickup..

do you want darker, brighter, more midrangy, higher output with the same stylings, what?

and being you just paid 1700+ for a SL1, you can save some money and find one on teh bay really easy

HUTCHINGS

My favorite tones are ofcourse the first VH album as well as Fair warning, Loudness Thunder In The East the Rats' Invasion album etc. I'm looking for that tone that screems that makes you feel like your not good enough for it, not the other way around.

Piney Hills Music

well you could go with a old school duncan 59b to get that "raw" sound, but if you want somethign thats "thick and meaty" I think you should go with a

Dimarzio SuperDistotion
Duncan TB11 Custom Custom

make sure you get them trem spaced

HUTCHINGS

Thanks man I appreciate it.

Post to Thread