Noob question about the Jon Donais sig

Updated
SE7EN
I have huge gas for this guitar, but after browsing online for a while i was amazed on the huge price difference between the LTD version and the ESP. The LTD retail price is aroun $900.00 and the ESP version is around low $4K's :eek: Why the huge difference in price?....i mean, the differnce is around $3k for fucks sake....is it even worth it?:\
MV-CTM

ESP is an actual bent top which aren't just something you slap on there (you have to steam to top and bend it to fit the arm contour). That type of top is always expensive.

DeathrollJM

ESP = hand built guitars in the US (little machining as possible)
LTD = Production shop overseas (mostly machined)

the quality of the components that build both guitars are the same, though in some cases some corners are cut from the LTD's, which are mostly cosmetic.

Ozzfun

:rollin

SE7EN

I know the difference between ESP and LTD's, but in the JD sig the difference in price is 2 much IMO.....not like other ESP/LTD sig's that there price difference is not something huge like in the JD model

Thanks for the info guys

Brian

the quality of the components that build both guitars are the same, though in some cases some corners are cut from the LTD's, which are mostly cosmetic.

:rollin

that's what we call diarrhea of the mouth

Greatdeceiver

400+ posts... this guy should have done his learning by now :rollin

CL4P-TP

:confused:
Someone is about to be feeling one of these::o

OutlawTorn

ESP custom shop in the US? no way WHERE? :rollin:rollin:rollin

HateEvent

Component quality being the same = false. Material quality of the ESPs destroy that of the LTDs.

And yeah, made in Japan for ESPs y0!

MV-CTM

I told you why it's so expensive already.

Ozzfun

I like these informations.

Baby Duck

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! My new Gus G sig sure as hell better not be made in the US!!!

ESP

I don't think I'm going to touch this one...

Brian

I don't think I'm going to touch this one...

Where would you even start :\

Butch

easy guys!!

jaymz097

This thread made me laugh. ESP = Japan!!!!!
Has anyone seen or played the JD? I don't see one offered online for purchase in the US.
Also, anyone in Houston? Where is the best selection?

Post to Thread