Recommend any good Pickups?

Updated
Arcane
Let's say hypothetically that I were to take an Alexi signature and change the pickup because I don't like the SD blackout. And from what I've heard, a lot of people don't like the EMG HZ one. What would be a great pickup to replace it with? And why do you say so?
themisfit138

are you looking for an active or a passive?

Arcane

are you looking for an active or a passive?

Well, the new models for 2008 have actives, so lets go for that. But give a good passive one too. :)

mafropetee

The EMG 81 should be a good alternative. Also take a look at DiMarzio D-Activators. They sound awesome, and are meant to be a passive alternative to active pickups.

klormach

DiMarzio Tone Zone

Greatdeceiver

Bare KNUCkLES WARPIGS! Some real quality pickups there, also the best sounding i have played through (havent playd blackouts yet)

_koppen

If you want an active pickup, dont switch out the blackout for am EMG, you really dont need to swap it for another active pcikup at all, cause you will most likley not notice much change at all ;P

Greatdeceiver

with a good amp he probably will. But the thing is if he doesnt like the one of the best sounding (from what ive heard) active pickup, then would he like a duller active pickup? Idk maybe you should go to a guitar center and try out some different guitars with different pickups and see what you dig most.

_koppen

That's kinda right, if the blackouts arn't good enough then nothing else will ;)
But you can try out the Duncan "live wires" dave mustaine pickups. Those are active, but still they aint so much "metal" as the emg's and blackout's

loversmoon

and if you want passive you cant beat the duncan jazz and 59 combo

Arcane

and if you want passive you cant beat the duncan jazz and 59 combo

Keep in mind that a combo won't work, seeing that the Alexi sig only has one pickup and I kinda like the single pickup style. It makes it less complicated. Even though you lose tone if you only use one pickup, a good pickup should be able to give you everything you need from it. I've heard the Blackouts have a warmer tone to them, whereas the EMG 81's have a cleaner, colder sound. I'd have to say the EMG sounds like a good one. I'd like to try the others as well. That BARE KNUCKLES Warpig sounds like it could be a killer! :evil

load more replies (1 of 1)
MV-CTM

Invader

Throne_Of_Lunacy

i would put in an 85
i think blackouts are too muddy

Post to Thread